2024 NFL Off-Season thread

Lineker

33 minutes ago, LL! said:

The hope now is that Barkley can't do shit in Philly and Derrick Henry has a career resurgence in Dallas. 

This is what everyone wants!!!

We'll get Aaron Jones and we won't like it.

18 minutes ago, The Buscher said:

Barkley talked so much about what he wanted his legacy to be in New York. Not that I ever took his word for it, but that legacy is complete garbage now. 6 years of injuries and mostly losing, now goes to the Eagles. Had he stayed here for life Mara probably puts him in the Ring of Honor just for sentimental reasons, that's out.

Given the Eagles beat the Giants at like an 80% clip this doesn't really change much in terms of 2024 outlook between the teams. The team needs an OL before they invest heavily in a RB.  I'm breathing a sigh of relief Schoen didn't pay him that kind of deal.

I know it sucks that he's going to a rival team, but in fairness to Barkley, there's a LOT of reasons for him to go to Philly, before you even count the $12.5m AAV reasons. 1) He grew up in the Lehigh Valley, which is just over an hour away. 2) he also went to Penn State, giving him added ties to PA 3) he's going to the arguably the best run block team in the NFL, even with Kelce retiring 4) he's going from one of the worst run (pun slightly intended) franchises in the NFL to one of the better run franchises 5) the Eagles could easily still be a Super Bowl contender this season if they fix the defense enough 6) the Giants had years to fix their offensive line issues and never could 7) they also had years to sign him to a new contract and wouldn't meet his terms. He's getting a raise from even the franchise tag!

New York Giants did Barkley all kinds of wrong, and the Eagles are a great fit for him in just about every way.

55 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I like Kirk Cousins but why do people keep giving him so much money? He puts up stats but I can't think of him ever winning when it matters

1 career playoff win says it all. 

Obviously a QB can't win on his own, and there have been seasons where Minnesota's defense has definitely been bad. But when you are paid elite QB money, which he was for his entire stint in Minnesota, he never showed he could carry a team to victory in a way that an elite QB can. I think ESPN said today that since 2016, only 3 QBs have made more money than him. That's insane for the lack of success he delivered to the team.

Brian Burns to the Giants for a 2nd and a 5th (they had an extra 2nd from trading Leonard Williams last year).  And they immediately lock him down to a 5-year, $150 million deal with $87 million guaranteed.

A legit pass rusher to pair with Thibs and Dexter Lawrence.  Love it.

Minshew and Wilkins? Oh, QBs and MILFs fucked in the AFC West. That Crosby, Wilkins, Wilson, Koonce pass rush is going to do damage, and Minshew already has plenty of weapons to work with, even when Renfrow leaves, and let's us pick a corner in the first round.

Why do I get my hopes up every year? This feels different, though?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DMN in the House said:

Minshew and Wilkins? Oh, QBs and MILFs fucked in the AFC West. That Crosby, Wilkins, Wilson, Koonce pass rush is going to do damage, and Minshew already has plenty of weapons to work with, even when Renfrow leaves, and let's us pick a corner in the first round.

Why do I get my hopes up every year? This feels different, though?

Drooling at the thought of ordering a Minshew jersey, DMN?

12 hours ago, Szumi said:

I know it sucks that he's going to a rival team, but in fairness to Barkley, there's a LOT of reasons for him to go to Philly, before you even count the $12.5m AAV reasons. 1) He grew up in the Lehigh Valley, which is just over an hour away. 2) he also went to Penn State, giving him added ties to PA 3) he's going to the arguably the best run block team in the NFL, even with Kelce retiring 4) he's going from one of the worst run (pun slightly intended) franchises in the NFL to one of the better run franchises 5) the Eagles could easily still be a Super Bowl contender this season if they fix the defense enough 6) the Giants had years to fix their offensive line issues and never could 7) they also had years to sign him to a new contract and wouldn't meet his terms. He's getting a raise from even the franchise tag!

New York Giants did Barkley all kinds of wrong, and the Eagles are a great fit for him in just about every way.

If the Eagles use Barkley as the "All Purpose Back" role like they did Westbrook or Sproles, then I love this signing

• Like 2