NFL 2023

Lineker

Maybe this isn’t as new as I think it is?

See, usually as I stay up to half-time because I like the show (although I was a bit disappointed to find it is Usher lol) and usually the UK broadcast has local ads or no ads at all on when it was on BBC (which I used to like because they would use the breaks to explain what was going on which was good for me because I don’t really understand it so well) but this year the broadcast is basically the raw US feed with all the American ads and it is very different!

It's FTC all day every day, but I gotta admit, I really enjoy watching Pacheco run the ball. He runs to contact and initiates.

This could be a really fun defensive game. I think it's gonna be one of those games for hardcore fans, lots of running and defense, not a lot of scoring and offense, but because of good defense.

27 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

Maybe this isn’t as new as I think it is?

See, usually as I stay up to half-time because I like the show (although I was a bit disappointed to find it is Usher lol) and usually the UK broadcast has local ads or no ads at all on when it was on BBC (which I used to like because they would use the breaks to explain what was going on which was good for me because I don’t really understand it so well) but this year the broadcast is basically the raw US feed with all the American ads and it is very different!

Are you watching on Channel 4? Sky is doing the studio stuff in a lot of breaks.

1 minute ago, The Buscher said:

Dre Greenlaw with possibly the most depressing SB injury of all time.

As soon as I saw it, immediately thought he tore his ACL. That's awful.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Adam said:

Are you watching on Channel 4? Sky is doing the studio stuff in a lot of breaks.

Oh shit I didn’t even know it was on either of those! I googled about watching it in the UK and just looked at the first result saying it was on DAZN. That’s 99p I’m never going to get back…

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

Oh shit I didn’t know it was on either of those! I googled about watching it in the UK and just looked at the first result saying it was on DAZN. That’s 99p I’m never going to get back…

I've not seen an ad break in the last 20+ minutes watching on Sky.

That said, the studio crew were laughing about Taylor Swift puns and completely missed the Dre Greenlaw injury. They still haven't mentioned it, weirdly...

I figured this was the most beatable Chiefs team to reach the Super Bowl, but damn, aside from that one big pass they have looked abysmal.

Defense is looking amazing so far. Bummed about Greenlaw. That is so depressing.

But that trick play, holy shit. Pretty sure I pulled a muscle jumping off my couch.