NFL 2023

Lineker

1 hour ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Who the fuck was the Josh Allen MVP voter?

This guy

• Admin
3 hours ago, The Buscher said:

Damar Hamlin, runaway betting favorite for Comeback Player of the Year all season, loses to Joe Flacco.

Vegas does it again.

OROY & DROY both go to Houston, in CJ Stroud and Will Anderson - I'd say that trade up worked a treat for them.

• Haha 3

Antonio Gates not getting in the HoF is a fucking crime

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lint said:

Antonio Gates got getting in the HoF is a fucking crime

I'm both surprised and not surprised.  There aren't many TE's in the HOF to begin with so with any underrepresented position I can't be that surprised when they are left out when only 5 modern era guys get in per year.

At the same time, he's clearly the 2nd best HOF eligible TE ever.  You don't even need to look at this to know that, but Pro-Football Reference's HOF TE Scores have him as 4th all-time and after this snub I find myself wondering if even Gronk will be the first-ballot slam dunk I assumed he would given the closeness in the "score".

Looking at the scores for the other modern era guys:

The DE Scores also fall right in line with Peppers and Freeney.  Peppers was an obvious first-ballot choice.  Some are arguing Jaren Allen's raw stats were better than Freeney's over a shorter career but the longevity is impressive and this score very heavily factors in awards and championships as well.

ILB scores put Willis right in the wheelhouse where it was just a matter of time.  Very similar on-field stats to Kuechly who is first eligible next year but has a higher score because of awards earned.  Wouldn't be surprised if he's first ballot even though Willis had to wait.

WR scores are the only place where there's controversy this year.  Nothing against Johnson but Wayne and Holt both seemed to get screwed here.  Holt in particular has been waiting ages.  This feels almost like the committee just wanted to not have the Texans be the only team without a HOFer.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Sounds like Mike Zimmer will be the DC in Dallas once again.

I like it @Krabby <_<

He's a no bullshit guy, he has pretty good success against the Shanahan System and he's not Ron Rivera.

Wink Martindale is the new defensive coordinator of the Michigan Wolverines

Not that working for the defending national champions is anything to sneeze at but it would point to the thought that NFL teams believe Wink is just as much to blame for his issues with the Giants as Daboll.  Moreover that's now two teams he's had pretty ugly fallouts with so that's set off some red flags.  Tough to imagine a guy with his track record wouldn't have been able to land another DC job in the league otherwise.

29 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I like it @Krabby <_<

He's a no bullshit guy, he has pretty good success against the Shanahan System and he's not Ron Rivera.

Yeah and maybe can get back to being that guy if he isn't the HC and can focus on just the defense

1 minute ago, Krabby said:

Yeah and maybe can get back to being that guy if he isn't the HC and can focus on just the defense

Try to flim flam the zim zam and find out!

• Haha 1

One of the best videos of the year

Seeing Mongo like that made me sad :( but all the same I'm much happier he's still around to know it happened and knowing his legacy is secure

Much better that they go to the homes of the players now instead of forcing all the finalists to sit in a hotel room for hours waiting for a knock that might never come

If they make that deal, they better have vetted his leadership intangibles and poise, because as much talent and hype he has I feel like there is an equal amount of bust potential for him tbh. 

I would wholeheartedly rip the Commanders off if I am the Bears in this case. 

• Like 2