NFL 2023

Lineker

45 minutes ago, Michelle Branch said:

Fields is going to Pittsburgh for a pittance because god hates the Cleveland Browns.

PICKance?!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Michelle Branch said:

Fields is going to Pittsburgh for a pittance because god hates the Cleveland Browns.

His name is Kenny Pickett

Giants fans seem to be wishcasting Mike Kafka to Seattle but a Seahawks fan account who has dumped accurate insider info said last night that Mike Macdonald will get the job there and that Macdonald's 2nd interview in Seattle today is largely just a formality.

Oh so the Commies will lose out on him too?   Please let this saga end with them taking Dan Quinn.

• Haha 1

Just now, Maxx said:

Oh so the Commies will lose out on him too?   Please let this saga end with them taking Dan Quinn.

Why not McCarthy if we're out here wishing?

Aaaaaand Mike Macdonald to Seattle. Brutal loss for the Ravens as he was the best coordinator we had here since Rex Ryan. Just an extremely gifted defensive mind.

At least it happened before the assistants could be poached away. I'm sure he'll take someone with him but nobody has that same playcalling brilliance.

The Lions hired the Titans former DLine coach. Sounds like he's a good one? I dont know, forgive me if I'm not hip to the AFC Souths position coaches. 

Either way, the fan reaction from our base and the Titans seems positive about him.

And good, our dline was sort of awful but propped up by Hutch and McNeil. I think its fair to say the talent beyond those two was mediocre at best but also a coaching change isn't a bad idea. 

Cook Brad Cook.

Dennard Wilson was who I wanted as Giants DC.  I can't blame him for taking the Titans job instead - not super familiar with their roster but a brand new HC there means Wilson will have some time in the role.  Daboll just a year removed from COTY is possibly entering 2025 on the hot seat and if there's a regime change that means everyone's at risk.  Plus with the fallout from the Wink Martindale stuff, sounds like there was a lot of blame on both sides there I can see why coaches might fear Daboll's an asshole to work for and not want to deal with it.

With that in mind I guess the Giants will eventually promote DB coach Jerome Henderson.  Nothing against him, it'd be a bit of an uninspired choice with him being not only internal but also not somebody any other team was trying to interview.  But I guess he's popular among players and clearly isn't afraid of Daboll so it'd make sense.