NFL 2023

Lineker

There has been a lot of smoke that assistants are being told to stay away from the Giants. Regardless of who was right or wrong, Wink is extremely well-liked and well-connected. So the damage has been done.

And with Macdonald and Ben Johnson off the board the Commanders go with Dan Quinn.

I think Adam Peters will end up being a good GM in terms of player acquisition which at the end of the day is the most important part of building a team.  Pretty hilarious though that his first two weeks as GM sees him whiffing on all the sought-after candidates and settling on a retread their own division rival is happy to lose.

17 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Officially official.

Commie!  Commie! Traitor to our country!

• Haha 1

Love the fan reaction to the Quinn hiring

dan-quinn-reax.jpg

11 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Just a weird coincidence I'm sure but kinda neat nonetheless. 

🤔 It calls the city Tampa, but the team Tampa Bay. Interesting.

• Haha 4

On 01/02/2024 at 13:22, Lint said:

Love the fan reaction to the Quinn hiring

dan-quinn-reax.jpg

Austin is really going to hate that one of the people that Dallas might be interviewing to replace Quinn is Ron Rivera 1.0. I certainly hate it. @Maxx what say you?

5 hours ago, Maxx said:

Marvin is the smart move, Kliff is the fun move. 

I'm actually really good with both of them. It's kind of amazing that Marvin Lewis didn't get a second shot after CIncinatti, it was amazing what he did there if you look at where they were in the 90s. I wouldn't want Kliff as a HC, but he should be great as the OC, just depends on who that will be. Hopefully not Russ. I'm ambivalent on Fields. I don't think we can get Jayden Daniels, but that would be my top choice.

The only thing I don't like about it is that it wasn't Chip Kelly, because that would be two birds with one stone for me, he'd be a decent OC and UCLA could get someone who'd recruit.

When the Bears didn’t hire Kingsbury as OC it had me thinking the smoke around Caleb really not wanting to be in Chicago was legit.

If Kingsbury goes to Washington it feels like a lock that the Bears will milk an extra pick out of Washington (swap 1/2 picks and get Washington’s 2nd rounder) so Washington can get Caleb and Chicago can still have their pick of whoever else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Buscher said:

When the Bears didn’t hire Kingsbury as OC it had me thinking the smoke around Caleb really not wanting to be in Chicago was legit.

If Kingsbury goes to Washington it feels like a lock that the Bears will milk an extra pick out of Washington (swap 1/2 picks and get Washington’s 2nd rounder) so Washington can get Caleb and Chicago can still have their pick of whoever else.

This is now my number one hope. Give me an extra pick and get Harrison? Yes please!

• Like 1