2023 NFL Off-Season thread

Lineker

At a glance it seems odd to me that prosecutors felt they had enough to charge Carter with racing and reckless driving but not charging him with some level of manslaughter for the death of the passenger in the other car.  He wasn't the main person at fault for this incident - that would be the woman who was drunk driving in the other car.  But they were racing, and manslaughter very often can be applied to any accomplices and co-conspirators.  I'm not familiar with Georgia law, though.

Setting legal stuff aside, I'd be hard pressed to draft Carter if I were in a front office.  I just have a tough time writing off reckless driving and racing as "just a kid making a dumb mistake".  Far too many people kill themselves or somebody else by doing shit like that.

• Admin

The University of Pittsburgh's Calijah Kancey, at 6-foot-1, 281 pounds, had a 4.67 official time in the 40-yard dash, the fastest time by a defensive tackle at the combine since 2006, when ESPN Stats & Information began tracking data from the event.

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Justin Buschlander said:

The first QB domino has fallen.  Derek Carr to the Saints on a 4-year deal.

Nah, it was David.  A bold choice for the Saints!

• Haha 1