Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

The Exp Candies help a ton with that. Unless you're trying to level them strictly from battles rather than catching/any rare or exp candies.

I definitely get that, though. For some reason I need to have all my Pokemon at the same level, or at least within like 2-3 levels of everyone else.

• Like 1

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just became champion and the presentation for that whole section has been the best of any game so far I think. Really made the battles and becoming champion feel like a huge deal. Really hope they keep that up in future games.

Anybody else heard of problems with the Sheild game? I've been receiving Error 2107-0445 consistently since installing the game and the most I've been able to play is about 20 minutes. I deleted the software and data entirely and was able to play other games without the problem at all, even exchanged the cartridge for a new one, and the minute I installed the new cartridge I got the error again. I did a factory reset of my console (which is only about 2 months old to begin with) and got the error immediately as it booted up. But then was able to play mario kart with no problems. I haven't tried Shield again, but just wondering if anyone else has heard of any issues like this or know what it could be. 

I dunno what people are liking about the gyms, honestly nothing makes my teeth grit more than "a very basic maze puzzle with switch doors, but with Pokemon battles." I dunno if the Ice gym was the same as the Rock one but slow-stepping through the pit maze was excruciating. On the contrary I liked what they did with Raihan's gym, contending with the weather in different ways was an interesting challenge. Pokemon isn't exactly robust but there are ways to play with the battle mechanics to provide unique challenges. Ultra Sun/Moon was great at this--Gladion had his Zoroark, Guzma had a Golisopod with Emergency Exit who'd bail and automatically bring in a good special attacker with Intimidate if you didn't one-hit kill it, stuff like that. That's much more fun to me than "step on every floor tile exactly once or else fight seven consecutive identical Pelippers."

Some of the pre leader puzzles were more fun than others definitely. I honestly didn't care for the ice gym puzzle, nor how the last two were presented either including Raihan. For me it wasn't so much the puzzles as it was the actual gym leader matches just felt like they actually mattered by having it in the stadium with fans all around, and the sound of them cheering or chanting coming into play when the leader gets down to their final Pokémon. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's a fun game, it's gorgeous, the quality of life improvements in it make it super easy to get into, doing Dynamax raids online is fun, it features this gorilla:

Image result for rillaboom

1 minute ago, Naitch said:

@Sousa My girlfriend has Shield and has been filling up her Pokedex for the last two weeks, so she might be able to help you with a few of those. What's your... whatever the code thing is to trade?

You actually don't need a friend code to trade, just a four-digit link code when we're ready to trade. Again, quality of life improvements!

38 minutes ago, Sousa said:

It's a fun game, it's gorgeous, the quality of life improvements in it make it super easy to get into, doing Dynamax raids online is fun, it features this gorilla:

Image result for rillaboom

Is he a starter? He is magnificent! 

33 minutes ago, Sousa said:

He is a starter. The starters represent a fully realized twink/himbo/bear trifecta. It's remarkable.

He is my second husband. 

• Like 1

And I've beat the game! Somehow caught the legendary with only a single ultra ball.

Also, what on earth is Type: Null? 😕  And the beast ball (it's worse than a regular pokeball?)

Finished with 50% capture, and I think I'm good with that.

Type: Null was a scientific experiment from Sun/Moon that was meant to help stop the Ultra Beasts (invading alien things) but was considered a failure because it couldn't do the "use any type" thing they build it for. (The trick is it evolves by friendship and once you do that it can equip one of the memories and use any type)

Beast Balls were used in Sun/Moon to catch the Ultra Beasts, but the Ultra Beasts aren't in Sword/Shield so I dunno why you get one other than it's a gag.

• Like 1