Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

2 hours ago, Jericode said:

I believe in Gen 7 they let the names revert to English upon evolving, so when it becomes a Wartortle it should be back to Wartortle rather than the Japanese name.

Yep. He's a Blastoise now and it's in English. Super happy that I have my favorite Pokemon on my team now. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a level cap on the GTS to keep me from being op? There's a few people who want to get a Tauros for a Suicune with no level preference set but it won't let me make the trade. I can only assume it's because Suicune is level 100?

I know they don't really do continuations but Moon/Sun really sets up well for a spin-off where you play as Lillie in Kanto. 

On 1/4/2020 at 6:21 AM, Katsuya said:

I have really weirdly started to get back in to the Pokemon TCG...

The first game I bought from the eshop on my 3DS was the GBC Pokemon card game. I love the card game. I just hate that they never make anymore video games for it.

Has it gotten up it's own ass like Yu-Gi-Oh or is it still the same game it was?

On 12/30/2019 at 6:01 AM, Jericode said:

A lot of them have a gender picked on the legendaries so you can't actually make the trade. I wanna say Tauros is Male-only so anything asking for a female one won't work.

So they're just being dicks and showing off their legendary? Boo.

Random Pokemon Go talk, I recently got my buddy up to level 2 which unlocks like gifts and bonus catch chance or something. I didn't bother looking into it and just assumed it passively improved the catch rate.

Cut to today, come up against a Makuhita and the catch ring disappears mid throw. The ball bounces of it and starts heading back toward me, NBD. All of a sudden, my Gyrados comes out of nowhere and proceeds to head the Pokeball back towards the Makuhita, this counts as a Great throw and I end up catching the thing. Pretty sure I died from seeing this play out.

To one up you, my spare account caught a Heatran last night thanks to a catch assist. Cheers, Mewtwo! 

I didn't do the Heatran raids when it was released last year, but caught 5 out of the 6 I did yesterday, with the last one of the evening popping as a shiny on both accounts, so my missus plans on trading for the spare one if she doesn't get it herself. 

On 06/01/2020 at 01:10, =BK= said:

The first game I bought from the eshop on my 3DS was the GBC Pokemon card game. I love the card game. I just hate that they never make anymore video games for it.

Has it gotten up it's own ass like Yu-Gi-Oh or is it still the same game it was?

I think it's remained more balanced than Yu-Gi-Oh did. My girlfriend also got me back into the cards a little bit, mainly completing my original set collections but also, to a lesser extent, playing against her with some of my leftover cards and her newer decks. Meanwhile, with Yu-Gi-Oh, my former flatmate reliably informs me that a typical game ends in the third turn if Player 2 can't counter what Player 1 set to start things off.

I completed Shield tonight after getting it on Christmas. First time I’ve finished a game in the series. Now I’m going to try and complete the Pokédex. 

If anyone would like to trade or battle you can add me: 

friend code: SW-2917-8034-6117

18 minutes ago, iDOL said:

I completed Shield tonight after getting it on Christmas. First time I’ve finished a game in the series. Now I’m going to try and complete the Pokédex. 

If anyone would like to trade or battle you can add me: 

friend code: SW-2917-8034-6117

Anything you need, I've got the complete dex and can trade if you want!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I played the heck out of Shield and got quite bored after becoming champion and filling as much of the Dex as I could at the time (weather variables are a pain) and lost interest. Gonna try to finish off the Dex. Feel free to add me: SW-5269-2572-4995

Would appreciate a trade of any of these beasties, or be damned to wonder trade forever:

Flapple

Stonjourner

Arctozolt

Arctovish

Zacian

The lack of a GTS is very meh so far, but I assume Pokémon Home will take over this role when it comes in February. I'm on the fence about the DLC. Hoping it's aimed at more advanced players, because this has probably been the easiest game in the entire series, which is saying something.

14 hours ago, =BK= said:

Pokemon white is mine!

Huh. I don't really like any of these starters. Snivy gets the nod because it's my favorite color, I guess.

10 hours ago, The Kraig said:

Flapple

Stonjourner

Arctozolt

Arctovish

Zacian

I don't know if I have another Flapple apple or not, but I think I have the fossils you need and can definitely breed you a Stonjourner.

Only giving up Zacian for a Zamazenta but I'll trade and trade back so you have it in the dex if you want!

21 minutes ago, =BK= said:

Huh. I don't really like any of these starters. Snivy gets the nod because it's my favorite color, I guess.

Personally, my most hated generation in terms of Pokémon designs. Most of them are just bland, uncreative or uninteresting. There are definitely some gems in there, but I won't spoil anything. It is nice to see a kind of North America in a Pokémon game.

1 minute ago, Sousa said:

I don't know if I have another Flapple apple or not, but I think I have the fossils you need and can definitely breed you a Stonjourner.

Only giving up Zacian for a Zamazenta but I'll trade and trade back so you have it in the dex if you want!

Deal! I have a bunch of stuff I don't want, like Feebas with a Prism Scale, Sneasel with Razor Claw, Onix with Metal Coat, etc. Kind of weird how they allowed certain trade evolutions appear in the wild but some others they didn't.

I have bred enough Milcery to get all the Alcremie variants, but I'll probably die of natural causes before I can be bothered harvesting sweets from the cafes each day so that's my new challenge I guess, until Pokémon Home launches.

6 minutes ago, The Kraig said:

Deal! I have a bunch of stuff I don't want, like Feebas with a Prism Scale, Sneasel with Razor Claw, Onix with Metal Coat, etc. Kind of weird how they allowed certain trade evolutions appear in the wild but some others they didn't.

I've got full dex and nothing to do so I'll take anything including squirrels and junk, doesn't make any difference to me.