Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

Just watching the video, Pokemon Smile is clearly GotY.

New Pokemon Snap seems like kind of a dumb name. Amidst all the footage of Pokemon riding on the backs of other Pokemon, there's footage of a Pigeot snatching a Magikarp out of the water. I can't help but imagine that's slightly more sinister, that Magikarp is totally getting eaten.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pokémon Smile wouldn't look out of place as a Google April Fool's gag.

And Pokémon Snap 2 New Pokémon Snap will hopefully be fantastic. A few months ago I dug my old copy out to play just because it's so unique.

New Snap literally made me jump off my sofa. I don't think I've been so excited at a game reveal since Smash Bros Ultimate.

Isle of Armor is out too! Spoilers, obvs:

Spoiler

Fuck Sharpedo. Any time I head in to the sea it's a dash to try and outrun them. The Diglett task is cool though. Currently slowly going through the story bit and just grabbing Pokémon as I go, otherwise. Super excited I can get a Starmie too.

9 hours ago, King Ellis said:

If only all the Blockbusters were still around so they could install photo printing machines again.

Bend, Oregon is soon going to have a lot more tourism!

I love these games, but I've kind of gone off them. I'm one of those weirdos who transferred his beasties all the way through from every generation and usually only use pokémon new to the series for new games with a living pokédex and all variations of each pokémon (except that damn pokéball Vivillon). Pretty sure I pre-ordered Isle of Armour, and haven't even turned my Switch on to check. I'm aware there's new pokémon and new variations (Slowpoke), but...I just don't care? Anyone else in the same boat?

I have been begging for a new Pokémon Snap game since probably 2001, but it feels a bit redundant now when you can just run around Pokémon Sword/Shield and take photos all the time.

Tried watching the new anime over on Pokéflix...just find it boring, repetitive. Highly recommend the XY anime, my friend got me watching it and it feels like an actual TV show with genuinely likeable characters that just happens to be a pokémon anime as well.

And for the first time in maybe four years, Pokémon Go hasn't been opened for several days. I reached Level 40 about two months ago and raid battles don't really interest me, so why am I still playing at all? My Giovanni battled glitched out five times and froze the battle screen. That's literally the only challenge I have left and I can't be bothered finding him again just for the game to crash. But I have that annoying part of me that's built up over the past four years saying "you need to complete that".

I've thought about breeding and training for competitive battling, but that's a lot of hours I really don't have. I suppose I should give the DLC a shot and see how I feel.

I think my interest started to die with the Mega Evolutions and then the start of Sun and Moon along with the removal of gyms killed it dead for me.

I have no interest playing Sword and Shield and the Let's Go remakes are just simplifed retreads IMO.

20 minutes ago, TCO said:

I think my interest started to die with the Mega Evolutions and then the start of Sun and Moon along with the removal of gyms killed it dead for me.

I have no interest playing Sword and Shield and the Let's Go remakes are just simplifed retreads IMO.

The Alola islands and pokémon designs were tremendous, as was the music. I found the gyms were still there, just with different names (kahunas instead of leaders). It really wasn't that big of a change. The Rotomdex was also an excellent idea.

Highly recommend Sword/Shield simply for the experience of running around an open-world. The graphics are genuinely amazing at times, but again, the game is a very SMALL sandbox and didn't live up to the hype.

Let's Go was a chore. Graphics were lovely, but it was a very simple game meant for the youngest fans. Would have really appreciated a difficulty option, they could have thrown in a veteran's mode and I'd have guzzled it down.

I never played Let's Go, it didn't seem like my thing. With time to reflect, I think Sword and Shield were a good initial step up to the Switch, but they definitely didn't make as big a jump as people were probably expecting. I've got big hopes for Gen 9 based in how they've started.

What I liked about Let's Go was that it cut out wild battles, which I found tedious. There's still a bit of grinding with catching Pokémon, but nowhere near as much. It also let you see all the wild Pokémon, so the series-old annoyance of random encounters was gone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sousa said:

Very excited for Venusaur to dry-hump my corpse while calling me a racial slur.

How did you get access to my Google Docs and my fan fiction? That is my copyright, so please stop distributing it online. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RPS said:

How did you get access to my Google Docs and my fan fiction? That is my copyright, so please stop distributing it online. 

For the last time, if you post it on AO3, I can read it.