The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

I'm torn. I feel like I should play the story first so that my first experience of the settings wont be in multi. But, I also feel I shouldn't rush the story and blitz it in a day.

Spent 4 hours and 5 mins playing in terms of actual gameplay time(though I've been playing since roughly 3, it's now 9:25), and man, the multi is just frickin amazing. Granted I'm on my clan account, and I'll probably have to start over with Eddie Ruckus, but man it's been fun and awesome.

I'm torn. I feel like I should play the story first so that my first experience of the settings wont be in multi. But, I also feel I shouldn't rush the story and blitz it in a day.

Me too, except I don't mind blitzing through >_> I just don't understand jumping straight into the multiplayer part of a game, to me it just makes more sense to play, at least some, of the solo game first so you know how to play properly.

That said, Spec Ops sounds pretty sweet, things like player one marking enemies with a laser on the ground for player two in the flying gun ship of death from the first game blowing them apart from the sky.

I'm just at the airport level. The SHOCKING HORRIFYING OFFENSIVE LEVEL OF DOOM, and to be fair, it is a bit more shocking than I expected, but I still don't think it's worth going nuts about. One thing I will end up moaning about is the blood on your screen when you get hit. I forget how it was done in COD4, but this seems really distracting, it's like getting shot in the face with a flashbang. Can't see a thing for the most part, but I guess thats just more impetus to not get shot >_>

One thing I will end up moaning about is the blood on your screen when you get hit. I forget how it was done in COD4, but this seems really distracting

I never would have guessed that getting shot would be distracting.

• Like 1

I know this is likely old news but it slipped completely under my radar--

http://www.genesispoll.com/

ToeJam & Earl is being re-released on XBLA.

Online multiplayer? This is immense.

Hurry up hurry up hurry up hurry up hurry up.

Wish I didn't know this until it was out :( I really want to play it, but don't have a Sega Megadrive/Genesis set up.

Don't get too excited there, there are copywright issues with TJ&E which would need to be sorted first. Sega don't own the rights so an Arcade re-release isn't a sure thing. The chracters wont be appearing in the upcoming Sega kart racing game either for the same reason.

Red Ring?

Edit: NEWS

In a recent interview with The Gaming Liberty, Shawn Lee, musical composer for Bully, revealed some interesting news about the future of the series, "Yes. It looks like I will be doing the soundtrack for Bully 2 in the not so distant future."

So there you have it folks, a sequel to Bully is apparently on the way, but at this moment, there's no other information regarding the sequel.

Lee's full interview with The Gaming Liberty will be available in the "near future," so whether or not Lee was able to discuss the sequel in greater detail is anyone's guess. In either case, we'll probably start seeing more news regarding the sequel, now that the cat is out of the bag.

Ban Ring.

Just bought it in May from Gamestop, still have my receipt. Got the TOS violation message, called Xbox Live, they told me to post on the forums. Got a PM from "The Pro" this system has been banned for modifications to the console. When I bought it from Gamestop they guaranteed me that it's never been opened as the warranty sticker was still intact. So either Microsoft just has a hardon for me, or Gamestop owes me a "new" system. Store manager will be back tomorrow though.

Bully 2.

Amazing news.

The first one was such an underrated game, I still haven't gotten past the Halloween Saga the past 3 times I've owned it.

Edited by Captain Eo