The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

But that dossent realy matter. I just feel sony should cover every case of identety theft that happens to a PSN users whos data has been stolen - if they can´t proof it was not their fault. I think Sony cleaning up after themselfs will just end once you sign a contract with that company. I´ll read the terms very carefully before i sign anything.

Who says Sony aren't going to do this? Seriously you are just being silly now. There is no possible proof on the face of this earth that Sony aren't trying to rectify their fuck up. It's fine if you read what you sign before you sign it (it's good practice anyway). But you are getting angry about things that are three steps removed from current events.

Sony aren't going to publicly state "You don't need to prove that it had anything to do with us fucking up, if money goes missing and it may have been our fault we've got you covered". Because A.) It voids any insurance they my have to cover such things, if such insurance exists and B.) Because a whole bunch of fucktards will straight away call up Sony and try and get them to pay off their credit card which would cost Sony a shit ton of money to sort who is legit and who is a scammer.

Instead they have offered free protection from all fraud for 12 months and will still be liable for any fraud past this date. Until it's past this date and fraud occurs then it's a bit hard to bitch and moan about Sony not handling it well, purely because it hasn't even happened yet and may not.

It's entirely possible to postulate that they will handle it poorly based on how easy it was to hack PSN and how Sony handled it and it's just as easy to use the current situation of free shit plus 12 months fraud protection to state that Sony seem to be doing right by their customers. Either way it's not worth bitching or arguing about as it's entirely hypothetical and baseless.

Just so you know in most countries you can't sign away certain statutory rights. If Sony hid in a clause like "to use PSN you must agree to never sue us for being hacked if you get identity raped" then in most countries it would be invalid if you signed it.

Seriously I'm getting ready to ship you a tin foil hat.

• Like 4

Matzat, any more trolling and you're getting a warning.

Asides from that one posting i feel that i only portraied my honest opinion. :huh:

But that dossent realy matter.

Seriously I'm getting ready to ship you a tin foil hat.

Sony is the company that installed root kits on you computer if you put one of their audio CDs (and some games) in it. Sony is the company that put a crap load of shitty software no one needs on their laptops and than offered you to remove it for 50$.

Now they got beaten to a pulp in these cases because a lot of people were affected and ganged up. I just think you should be a lot more cautious wen it comes to a company that acted like this - it´s not different because it´s PlayStation instead of Vaio or BGM, remember how they not toiled us about all our data being lost for over a week? They are absolutely willing to ignore that you have rights. Thats no conspiracy theory, thats stuff thats been all over the news and that they have been sued for.

If you are among the three people that might get in deep trubbel in 18 Month from now you´ll be fucked if sony just says "Uhm, no.". You will be in a terrible position: no money for your life, the lawsuit you are in and let alone to hire a lawyer to get Sony to help you.

Kudos to Sony if they do better than i expect them to do, but i think it´s better to cry out loud and together now while everyone (excluding a few "sell your PS3 if you don´t agree with everything they say" people) still cares to have them issue a statement they are bound to help these three people wen it is time. Even if it is very unlikely we or anyone we know directly will be among these three people. To me thats just a sense of union.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

The thing that bugs me with you Matz, and I'm not trying to be a dick because I actually agree with you about Sony being a fucking horrible company, is that you do all this bitching and complaining and yet you keep the system instead of selling it and getting a 360 or something. I'm not much of a fan of Sony either, but not to the extent that I feel the need to be so vocal about it all the time. I choose to vote with my wallet; I keep my PS3 around for exclusives and Blurays, and 10 times out of 10, if a game is coming out on both platforms, I'll take the 360 version.

Just sell your PS3, it'll do your blood pressure the world of good. And we can keep from cluttering this fucking thread all the time.

In other news, I'm pretty sure I've personally swapped 10 people from PS3 to 360 since PSN went down, and several others have bought 360s outright over PS3 because they don't like what they've heard regarding security and whatnot.

• Like 2

I am fairly certain i dident badmouth sony all the time. (just look at me complimenting the free game list, and whats it with this narrow minded "all" this "all" that anyway?) As far as i remember most of the negative i ever talked about them was related to the geohotzs case or the PSN hacking. There is a differenc betwen being aware of what a company is doing and dislikeing it to an extend that i don´t want any of their products in my house. But maybe thats just me being able to think in shades of gray while other are limited to black and white. Sony is to blame on more than one level and with their track record this issent looking like the protection they should provide/prommis. And you just agreed. So there is nothing to rage about it and i have no idea why this has come down to "lets talk about how we dislike your opinion" houre again.It´s sony news being talked about in a sony topic... maybe "you" should just stay away till this has blown over if "you" can´t live with them causing the bigest (is it?) amount of compromised data ever being talked about controversial. Could we please stay on topic now instead of talking about me being a terrible person?

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane
  • Like 1

The thing that bugs me with you Matz, and I'm not trying to be a dick because I actually agree with you about Sony being a fucking horrible company, is that you do all this bitching and complaining and yet you keep the system instead of selling it and getting a 360 or something. I'm not much of a fan of Sony either, but not to the extent that I feel the need to be so vocal about it all the time. I choose to vote with my wallet; I keep my PS3 around for exclusives and Blurays, and 10 times out of 10, if a game is coming out on both platforms, I'll take the 360 version.

Just sell your PS3, it'll do your blood pressure the world of good. And we can keep from cluttering this fucking thread all the time.

In other news, I'm pretty sure I've personally swapped 10 people from PS3 to 360 since PSN went down, and several others have bought 360s outright over PS3 because they don't like what they've heard regarding security and whatnot.

Zombie.

• Like 3

Rockstar has retracted its claim that the most recent PlayStation 3 firmware causes consoles to overheat.

The Grand Theft Auto IV developer, who recently released L.A. Noire for the PS3 and Xbox 360, had previously stated that firmware 3.61 for the PS3 was responsible for causing copies of its latest game to crash on Sony's console.

Rockstar said yesterday: "We have confirmed locally that multiple games (Rockstar and non-Rockstar) overheat or freeze only when 3.61 is installed."

However, the company has since removed the accusation from its site after Sony labelled the claim as "rumour" and "speculation". In addition, Sony told Edge that there was "no evidence to indicate firmware 3.61 is causing any issues with PS3s."

Rockstar's FAQ has also been updated, now simply recommending users experiencing technical problems with L.A. Noire to delete their game data, create a new user account and check the disc for scratches and dirt.

Firmware 3.61 was released by Sony earlier this week to make systems compatible with changes to PSN after the online service was heavily compromised.

Credit - digitalspy

A non-story, then. :)

ILoveSony.jpg

• Like 1

For F*CKS sake!

I finally get the email password reset and I'm like "Hell yeah, finally get back online" except no, it won't let me change my friggin password cause the site is down for maitenance or some shit... Just wish I could change my password on my PS3 :(

each time I try and log in, it just says that it has sent an email to my account adress and thats how I change my password... I've heard bout changing it on the PS3 but mine has never once even given me the option to do that...