The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Since most people have double, treble, quadruple or X accounts it probably would've been easier on everyone if they just made the 6 available since anyone who really wants them can probably get them. I just need to remember what emails I for my other accounts so I cna download the rest of them now.

Yay Pro Cycling Manager on the PS3.

Boo that it's not actually going to be Pro Cycling Manager, just a Tour de France game where you control one cyclist.

Oh well, probably be an interesting diversion IF it's a proper cycling game and not one of those ones from back in the day which was just a car racing game but on bikes.

The thing is, you can't even control the riders for the whole race, but only for the "most interesting parts" of the race. So it seems, in a flat race you may only get the last 20 so kilometers, and in a mountain stage you may only get to race the last summits. I can't even imagine how they will process breakaways, ant the fact you only get the 19 stages from the Tour, makes it seem limited. I love pro cycling manager, but this one, probably more expensive game won't get picked up by me. Unless I find some use copy in a few years costing like 10€ like I've seen TNA Impact in the last few months.

Surely you can't be an all conquering mountain/sprint guy as they don't exist. So either the sprint finishes are pointless as you're rolling in at the middle of the peloton, OR you're winning sprints but being dropped in the mountains. Neither of which are particularly fun so I can see them just making your cyclist some kind of "superhuman" who's great at everything....Which would suck.

Surely you can't be an all conquering mountain/sprint guy as they don't exist. So either the sprint finishes are pointless as you're rolling in at the middle of the peloton, OR you're winning sprints but being dropped in the mountains. Neither of which are particularly fun so I can see them just making your cyclist some kind of "superhuman" who's great at everything....Which would suck.

Actually that's not what is going to happen I think, as you pick a team in the beginning of the tour and not a single rider. I'll use the same example they gave: You pick Lampre, and for the first few stages, since they are mostly flat you go with Pettacchi, but then you get to the mountain stages and change to Scarponi. So, you can change rider's at each stage.

The last time I played a cycling game outside of the pcm series, it was so awful I can't get myself to endure something like that again. Maybe if it gets a big price drop I'll give it a shot but paying 60 or 70 euros for it, is not going to happen.

That is so unfair! I can barely get two games and you cheated and got them all? :angry:

Why can you barely get two games, SRN?

I downloaded one game and then it wouldn't let me download a second one. :(

Desperately need a bigger PS3 hard drive (only on 40 gig at the moment). Looking at about 500 gig, which is about £45 from Play. Anyone know of any decent sites for this kind of stuff? Also, I'm assuming I can back everything up onto a USB hard drive, yes?

Desperately need a bigger PS3 hard drive (only on 40 gig at the moment). Looking at about 500 gig, which is about £45 from Play. Anyone know of any decent sites for this kind of stuff? Also, I'm assuming I can back everything up onto a USB hard drive, yes?

Yes to USB hard drive backups. Make sure the new PS3 hard drive is a 2.5 inch drive though.

That is so unfair! I can barely get two games and you cheated and got them all? :angry:

Did you try:

Account Management > Transaction Management > Service List > SCEA Promotion

• Like 2

Did you try:

Account Management > Transaction Management > Service List > SCEA Promotion

+1 for being right. skip the store check your account management first.

Whats even better is getting a case for your new harddrive and just mirror the one that is in your PS3. After that you put the new harddrive in your PS3 and it should run without any further delays. (i think it needs a minute to feel the new size, but not nearly as long as reloading a backup)

The harddrive case can be used on your old ps3 HDD so you got yourself a nice little external HDD.

At least thats how i did it.

Some games (like little big planet) don´t even alow you to cary over your saves to another ps3, they are bound to the serial number of the console you started them on. You should be able to copy single savegames to usb sticks or harddrives, but i never tried how and if they work wen your PSN issent involved. If it´s possible i bet there are some real name save files for PES around, so maybe just google for that.

Edit: See

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

A TEENAGER suspected of masterminding a global computer hacking operation targeting Sony and Nintendo has been arrested - in ESSEX

article-2006118-0CA9DDD600000578-242_634x434.jpg.

Ryan Cleary, 19 — an alleged member of the hacking gang LulzSec — was arrested in Wickford and taken to a central London police station.

He remains in custody on suspicion of Computer Misuse Act and Fraud Act offences.

LulzSec is believed to be a splinter group of hacking community Anonymous — who have claimed responsibility for a string of online security breaches including attacks on the gaming giants.

hey also launched electronic raids on the CIA, the UK's Serious Organised Crime Agency (Soca) and the US Senate.

Soca, dubbed the British FBI, was reportedly forced to temporarily take its website down yesterday after a breach.

Claims that LulzSec had stolen the entire 2011 UK census database were denied by both the group and security sources.

LulzSec tweeted: "That wasn't us - don't believe fake LulzSec releases unless we put out a tweet first."

Cleary was detained at his home in a "pre-planned intelligence-led operation" by the FBI and Scotland Yard last night.

Neighbours described the teen, who lives in the bungalow with his mother and brother, as a "clever, well presented young man".

Local Dorothy Rounce said she was woken by banging in the early hours of the morning.

She said: "I heard car doors slamming so I looked out of the window and saw a big car driving away with him in it.

"I didn't think anything of it - I certainly didn't realise it was an FBI investigation or anything like that."

Her husband, James, added: "They moved in about ten years ago and have been pleasant neighbours.

"I think he had been away at university and had come back for the holidays or because he had finished his exams.

"You could tell he was very bright just from the way he spoke and presented himself.

"I knew he was into computers because we would often take in parcels for him and when I asked about them his mother said he was working from home and it was something to do with IT."

A police spokesman said: "The arrest follows an investigation into network intrusions and distributed denial of service attacks against a number of international business and intelligence agencies by what is believed to be the same hacking group.

"Searches at a residential address in Wickford, Essex, following the arrest last night have led to the examination of a significant amount of material. These forensic examinations remain ongoing."

Last week Steven Chabinsky, the FBI's deputy assistant director, said LulzSec were avoiding prosecution by using sites like Twitter to attract supporters.

Mr Chabinsky said: "These organisations have managed to use new technologies to connect to otherwise disenfranchised hackers to gather force and momentum in a way we have not seen before."

The FBI is placing "a lot of emphasis and focus on Anonymous and other groups that would be like them, through co-ordinated transnational efforts," he added.

Anonymous came to prominence last year when it launched digital assaults against MasterCard, PayPal and other businesses that stopped working with WikiLeaks.

Credit>http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3650334/Teen-held-over-hacking-attacks.html