The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

On 18/12/2018 at 12:06, Maxx said:

Spidey is on sale again so I used some gift cards and finally picked it up.  Excited to play it, especially after seeing Into the Spider-Verse.

But oh wow, the Raimi costume shit has got to be one of the dumbest things I've seen related to video games in a while.   Found this gem in a discussion about it

"I won't play this very good game because I can't dress up the character like I want, I submit this as evidence that I am adult"

Whiny manchildren have been appeased, the suit has been added, free for everyone who has the game.

“Dude I literally broke down in the gym crying,” wrote one fan in response. “This means a lot to me, thank you.”

Re-evaluate your life

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I really like the suit, and I love the game, but I really wish they didn't release it after the horrible whining and sense of entitlement from some of those people. Regardless of whether it was always scheduled to be in the game or not, those whiny fuckers are going to believe it's because of them, and it's a horrific lesson to let people learn.

• Like 4

You kids and your Spiderman games where you can petition your way to free DLC. In my day we had Bruce Campbell saying "Something Different" and we had to earn that shit and we liked it that way.

• Like 2

Seems like it's mostly the same stuff they had for sale during Black Friday.

One thing that did catch my eye though was the new Sims 4 Seasons DLC is half price. Was planning on paying 33 quid for that for my missus for Xmas so that'll do nicely. Glad I waited now.

4 hours ago, Jake O. Rhodes said:

Will God of War still be good for someone who's only played the third game in the series and wasn't keen on it?

It is somewhat of a re-set. Different style and mythology.

3 hours ago, JeReindeer said:

Should I play the new God of War or GOW3 first? I've got both of them unplayed but don't want to play the new one yet if it'll ruin the experience of the other one.

They are quite different stylistically, and very good in their own ways.

The girlfriend got me a PS4 for Christmas with Spyro and WWE 2K19, any recommendations? I want to get her playing, so I’m thinking Last Of Us is a good game, any other choices? She’s not really a gamer, and prefers story-heavy games.