The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Oh, I’m sure I’ll reach the completely amoral phase. Though once this first play-through is done, I’ll likely only going back to it for Elusive Targets and such, as I’ll want to focus on the GTA V campaign next. Then Horizon: Zero Dawn. Then just mixing up all the online stuff from all of those plus Red Dead. That’ll last me a long-ass time.

• Like 1

Do they still have contracts?  I've have it on Xbox, but can't remember.  Contract mode was fun in Absolution, allowed a bunch of us to compete with each other to see who could get the highest score on a contract.  If they still have that we should totally get an EWB group going for it.

• Like 1

Just completed the campaign! It, uh, ends in a weird place.

But I’m down for trying out contracts. I’m obviously on PS4 though. I imagine any form of crossplay isn’t allowed, right?

Also, feel free to add me: Joshoowuh.

3 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I've only played the 1st and 2nd game... and I think the GBA card game?

I want to play 3 for completion sake, but with all the extra games and story, I doubt any of it would make sense.

When I played 2, I felt like they did a really good job of explaining anything that happened in the side-games between 1 and 2... so I'm hopeful that 3 does the same. But the side games are pretty solid. If you can get the remastered collection for cheap on the PS4, I'd say that it's definitely worth picking up and playing through the whole shebang.

46 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I've only played the 1st and 2nd game... and I think the GBA card game?

I want to play 3 for completion sake, but with all the extra games and story, I doubt any of it would make sense.

They had this thing called the Memory Archive which recapped what I assume was the stories from all the other games. I recognized a little from the first game which I played some of back when it came out. I still know fuck all about what any of it meant but if you already get the basic idea this should help you

• Like 1

Once you get a little ways in you get a nice little synopsis scene that helps explain what's going on. 

Spoiler

Right after you do the first stuff in Twilight Town I do believe but I'm not 100% sure on that

7 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

So Kingdom Hearts is just straight up nonsense isn't it? :lol:

Wait until it tries to put Kingdom Hearts nonsense right alongside about a third of the most confusing Pirates of the Caribbean movie (At World's End).