The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

On 30/01/2019 at 18:11, VerbalPuke said:

Spiderman is fun. It looks great, web-slinging is amazing, combat is solid, good story so farz 

But I’m glad I was able to borrow it rather than buy it. As fun as it is, it’s sort of repetitive. Not sure it would have been a game I would have wanted to spend 60 on.

But again, it is really cool.

Spiderman is fun. It looks great, web-slinging is amazing, combat is solid, good story so farz 

But I’m glad I was able to borrow it rather than buy it. As fun as it is, it’s sort of repetitive. Not sure it would have been a game I would have wanted to spend 60 on.

But again, it is really cool.

Just kidding, this is one of my favorites. It’s fucking ridiculous how fun it is. Even fucking up looks stylish.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

So Kingdom Hearts is just straight up nonsense isn't it? :lol:

Yes, especially with the epilogue and secret ending. Has been a fun playthrough though, now to get all the Secret Reports to see what the set up for Kingdom Hearts 4 and beyond is

Spoiler

especially with the girl that Saix and Axel mention who has never been bought up before. Maybe Ava or Sterelitzia? Also would have been nice to see Luxord and co. wield Keyblades. Maybe next game.

There's the epilogue that was unlocked a few days after it was out that you can see after the regular ending plays. For the secret ending you need to get the Lucky Emblems. All if on Beginner, less than that if on another mode. Don't know exact numbers.

If you do the Battlegates, you get Secret Reports that add to the lore, like the previous ones. These are all written by different people though

On 30/01/2019 at 16:34, Bobfoc said:

Death and destruction reigns in February's Playstation Plus games:

Hitman (PS4)

For Honor (PS4)

Divekick (PS3/Vita)

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)

Gunhouse (PS4/Vita)

Rogue Aces (PS4/Vita)

Is there a way to play MGS4 on a PS4? I had a 360 and never got to play it.

25 minutes ago, Ollie said:

Started Bloodborne again last night, got through Cleric Beast, Gascoigne and Blood Starved Beast without dying which has made me feel like the ultimate badass. Honestly, this game might be my favourite game of all time.

I've had this on my 'To Play' list for a while now, persuade me it's worth it.

13 hours ago, JeReindeer said:

I've had this on my 'To Play' list for a while now, persuade me it's worth it.

It's a tough one to sell someone on who isn't already a fan of the genre. When I first picked it up, I'd never played a Souls game and wasn't particularly fond of harder games and for the first 4-5 hours or so I absolutely hated it. It was obtuse, it was unforgiving and it didn't make any sense but I couldn't put it down. Every time I'd die I'd throw my controller down in a huff and storm off but I just couldn't shake the feeling it was my fault, that I wasn't quite doing things right.

Then I found the first boss and it killed me almost instantly. And so I fought it again. And again. And again. And again. And it was painstaking and it was difficult and it almost broke me but then on the 7th or 8th attempt I finally beat him and I've never felt such joy in all of my gaming life. It was a rush and nothing has ever compared to it.

It's a game that won't click straight away, but when it does you won't be able to put it down. At this stage I think I've played through it start to finish 4 times, now on my 5th and it still finds new ways to fuck with me and I still get that rush whenever I beat a boss or remember a secret entrance somewhere.

Couple that with the fact it's absolutely gorgeous, with one of the creepiest aesthetics I've ever seen. The soundtrack and sound design are up there with the best of them, the difficulty curve is incredibly well fine tuned to the point you never feel over-levelled and almost always have the sense that one wrong move will lead you to your death.

Basically, it's just genuinely ruddy excellent and everyone should at least give it a few hours of their time.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JeReindeer said:

Good sell, it's jumped up my to do list for my week off.

I'll be more than happy to be on call to help out with the first area and walk you through the first bit. Just let me know when you're about and we'll get some shareplay going.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ollie said:

Yeah, practically everything in Bloodborne is based on a risk/reward system, and it means basically every encounter has stakes. Even when you return somewhere and you've overpowered, one cocky move can get you killed.

Nothing worse on Bloodborne then having a moment of thinking "I'm going to do this, I'm only gonna bloody well do this!" only to let your guard down for a split second and get murdered. 

Such a rewarding game when you do finally beat a boss or get past a section you are stuck on.