The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

It's like most other games of the type, fiddle around with the sliders to get a good experience. It's initially balanced with teamwork in mind - and it's a lot to learn. It took me a few times of trying it to really get into it, but when I did I was golden for a while.

I've been curious to try The Surge, from what I recall the weapon stuff is like you're cutting off enemies arms and installing them on yourself, a robot sort of thing? 

That futuristic vibe would be a change from the normal atmosphere of Souls, I think these guys did Lords of the Fallen as well which stuck with that. 

I've now sunk over 30 hours into Division 2 and there's no signs of slowing down. What an absolute belter of a game. Ubisoft really are low key my favourite developer. Like, I'd take a Naughty Dog or Santa Monica masterpiece over any ubi game but they've perfected the collectathon gameplay loop like no other.

They make video game crack basically, and The Division 2 might be the pinnacle of it.

I heard the lore/story (?) of the game was pretty good, and once something happens everything just clicks? I love that feeling in games. Sadly, I'm ass at puzzles, and would likely have to look up all the answers.

17 hours ago, Ollie said:

I've now sunk over 30 hours into Division 2 and there's no signs of slowing down. What an absolute belter of a game. Ubisoft really are low key my favourite developer. Like, I'd take a Naughty Dog or Santa Monica masterpiece over any ubi game but they've perfected the collectathon gameplay loop like no other.

They make video game crack basically, and The Division 2 might be the pinnacle of it.

It's called League One now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 03/04/2019 at 08:03, Josh to the World said:

We’re definitely stuck on a couple. I don’t want to look them up, but we might have to.

And suggestions for similar games are welcome.

Apparently it's available for free on the epic store.

Hit level 30 in Division 2 last night and did the first stronghold, which was tremendous fun. I'll likely put it down at the end of the week because I'll be picking up Sekiro and then Days Gone the following week but oh boy it's been a journey. I'll be shocked if this game doesn't end up high on my end of year list, it scratches an itch like nothing else has in a long while.

Didn't realise Days Gone was out next week. Got so much to complete as it is!

Mortal Kombat will be out soon as well. I've still got Spiderman from release day that I haven't touched:( 

Been playing through the Spyro trilogy. Probably about a 1/3 of the way through the 2nd game. 

Days Gone isn't doing much to appeal to me right now. I suppose another post-apocalyptic open world game involving scavenging for materials to craft weapons and fighting what are clearly zombies but called something else doesn't have the same novelty as it once might. As always, I'd be happy to be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, apsham said:

Are you mostly playing solo or in a group? I'm tempted from hearing a lot of positive personal experiences - but I know I'll never really get to play with a group.

In a group. Solo is totally possible though, it's just not nearly as fun. If you're going to play solo, there's a handful of skills that are essential, otherwise it's borderline impossible.

I'd say if you've got friends who have it, it's a must buy, otherwise it's probably worth waiting for a sale down the line.