The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Snowball has been playing through the Uncharted games since last Monday. She's already half way through 3, and it's making me really want to play through them again. They're the perfect games to watch too, just so much fun.

I'm super stoked for her to get to 4, because even though it's not my favourite (3>4>2>1, fight me), it won't feel as dated as the others, and that's been Snowball's biggest setback so far.

There's a new Predator game coming out by the team that put together Friday the 13th. While I was annoyed to hear that it is a multiplayer online game, at least it's being made by someone who has put one of those out that I did enjoy. I would prefer a single player experience, but I'm sure I will give Predator a go when it goes on sale... or if they include a single player story or something, maybe even right away.

41 minutes ago, Josh to the World said:

That might be cool. I never played Friday the 13th, but it seems like an ambitiously cool idea that ended up unbalanced and limiting for the players against Jason.

It was supposed to be heavily weighted in Jason's favor, though. That's why it was so satisfying when you did manage to escape and survive. 

Huh. That doesn’t sound like fun to play as Jason then. Of course, I haven’t played it.

Also, it seemed weird that the campers had to do a very specific set of things in each of the 3-4 ways to win. Just seems more limiting than I’d want it to be.

On 15/05/2019 at 09:30, Ollie said:

Snowball has been playing through the Uncharted games since last Monday. She's already half way through 3, and it's making me really want to play through them again. They're the perfect games to watch too, just so much fun.

I'm super stoked for her to get to 4, because even though it's not my favourite (3>4>2>1, fight me), it won't feel as dated as the others, and that's been Snowball's biggest setback so far.

2 > *

It may have something to do with my ongoing long term crush with Claudia Black and her voice, but I THINK it's also to do with the game itself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josh to the World said:

Huh. That doesn’t sound like fun to play as Jason then. Of course, I haven’t played it.

Also, it seemed weird that the campers had to do a very specific set of things in each of the 3-4 ways to win. Just seems more limiting than I’d want it to be.

It's actually pretty fun either way. As Jason, you still have to track down and kill five (or is it six?) campers before the find all the pieces they need to get away. And even when they do you can still find them and get them. And as the campers, it's fun and terrifying when you think you're in the clear only to hear "CHA CHA CHA CHA" and know he's near you. It could be that I simply love the source material, but I thought it was much more fun than it had any right to be. 

On 05/05/2019 at 16:46, Bobfoc said:

There's a Game bundle with Days Gone, The Evil Within 2 and Mortal Kombat 11 for £279.99. That's quite a good deal for a package that includes two very new games.

They'd had nothing on for less than £250, then this popped up which I've pounced on.

https://www.game.co.uk/en/m/500gb-playstation-4-with-fifa-19-rage-2-and-dragonscale-camo-thumb-grips-2614636

I don't know what Rage 2 is, and I have no idea what thumb grips are for, but I'm a happy bunny.