The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Why do devs still think that mashing a button really fast is a good game mechanic? I guess I'm lucky I only rented it but I can't play Days Gone because of this stupid shit

Does it have an accessibility option to turn it into a 'hold it instead' kind of thing? A lot of games these days have that and thank god.

Edit: Just checked a site for accessible gaming and it's a negative, a letdown across the board.

Edited by apsham

Just now, apsham said:

Does it have an accessibility option to turn it into a 'hold it instead' kind of thing? A lot of games these days have that and thank god.

I looked because another game I played just recently had that but unless I missed it this one doesn't :( Literally all games should have that

It feels like they wanted to make a new exclusive Zombie game because The Last of Us did great on PS3 and it just didn't work out.

Is Days Gone any good? I'm finally going to get a PS4 (got Game vouchers for my birthday to finally make me do it, even if I do have to top it up...) so am looking at deals, but most come with that at the moment. Is there anything really good coming out that I'd be better off waiting for?

Bearing in mind I've finally nearly finished MGS4 and my PS3 backlog is getting shorter, but I can still afford to wait a bit.

6 minutes ago, Colly said:

Is Days Gone any good?

From everything I've read and heard, it's nothing special. The Last of Us Part II might be a better bet, but it's not clear when it'll be out. Dreams looks as though it'll be good too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Colly said:

Is Days Gone any good? I'm finally going to get a PS4 (got Game vouchers for my birthday to finally make me do it, even if I do have to top it up...) so am looking at deals, but most come with that at the moment. Is there anything really good coming out that I'd be better off waiting for?

Bearing in mind I've finally nearly finished MGS4 and my PS3 backlog is getting shorter, but I can still afford to wait a bit.

If you're just getting a PS4, it might be better to play some of the older games, save some money. Some of the best ones in no particular order: MGSV, Spiderman, God Of War, Red Dead Redemption, Persona 5, and Yakuza 0.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ruki said:

If you're just getting a PS4, it might be better to play some of the older games, save some money. Some of the best ones in no particular order: MGSV, Spiderman, God Of War, Red Dead Redemption, Persona 5, and Yakuza 0.

I can't speak for Spiderman and God of War yet, but the other four should last you ages.

35 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Oh no, that's definitely my plan, I've basically eyed up my brothers collection which includes most of those.

It's just that all the cheapest Game bundles include games which is basically one game bundled in the console box (I'm going to get FIFA since my brother has Red Dead and Spiderman), plus one more which is usually a newish game, so most have Days Gone at the mo. I'm just wondering if there's anything interesting in the next few months.

• Like 1

Spiderman is a fun game but it won't last you very long. I had it at release in early September, and completed it to a platinum trophy on my first playthough about 2 weeks before RDR2 came out, so took me about 6 weeks - but that's not be playing every day, sometimes only on weekends for a couple hours. Having said that, I am currently on my second story playthrough now, so it does have replayability if only because the gameplay is fun and the story is fun.

4 hours ago, New Damage said:

Spiderman is a fun game but it won't last you very long. I had it at release in early September, and completed it to a platinum trophy on my first playthough about 2 weeks before RDR2 came out, so took me about 6 weeks - but that's not be playing every day, sometimes only on weekends for a couple hours. Having said that, I am currently on my second story playthrough now, so it does have replayability if only because the gameplay is fun and the story is fun.

Yeah, I can vouch for that. My timeline matches yours almost exactly, although I got it mid-September, and platinumed it mid-October. A lot of fun to just swing around the city, but there wasn't anything keeping me once the story was done and I got all the collectables. I haven't started a second playthrough or touched the DLC, though, so that'll be something to do in the future.

Sony initially didn't want it, saying something about it not having value for their customers.

We evaluated the EA Access subscription offering and decided that it does not bring the kind of value PlayStation customers have come to expect,” adding, “We don’t think asking our fans to pay an additional $5 a month for this EA-specific program represents good value to the PlayStation gamer.

25 minutes ago, Meacon said:

What is that?

Honestly one of the best subscription services if you're into these kinds of games. It has a vault of games (and I think only a few have ever left) and they add relatively regularly. You also get a discount on EA games/DLC and get early access to games as they come out, with extended trial period times. It's pretty good for what they ask for - and it's something like 20-30 dollars for a full year.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/EA_Access

List of games here. Usually you wait about 1/2 to 3/4 of a year from the time a game releases until it gets put up on Access. NHL 19 recently went up for instance.

44 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Companies like this love a good back-track.

Yeeeep. At the time they were more than likely scared that it would hurt PS Now which was still... PS Now back then and terribly priced to begin with.

• Thanks 1