The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

24 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I did not. I also could not be bothered.

I felt like it ended fine for me, plus had got a bit grindy for me at the end.

I'm assuming the second ending is about

saving the small twin - I can't even remember her name now >_>

EDIT: Veronica

1 hour ago, Liam said:

I felt like it ended fine for me, plus had got a bit grindy for me at the end.

I'm assuming the second ending is about

Hide contents

saving the small twin - I can't even remember her name now >_>

EDIT: Veronica

It is! And about an even bigger and badder evil.

I think I read it has to do with the heroes of the past. And you basically fight a giant space whale or something

23 minutes ago, Josh to the World said:

So I can just download those for free? It has nothing to do with PlayStation Now?

These are free games with Playstation Plus. So if you're a PS+ subscriber, you'll have access to them. Playstation Now is essentially like their gaming Netflix.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having been excited about the concept of No Man's Sky (like many were) as it was released, I held off at the time and, from all the reports and reviews, I'm glad I did.

Now, many many months later and numerous updates added, I've just dropped £12 on it, installed the updates, schlumped around the first planet to fix my spaceship and have jetted off into space.

Wonder how many hours I'll put into it and wonder how much better it is than originally.

I bought NMS day one. I have played it religiously since. It is such a different experience from what it originally was. 

Crafting bases to mining chunks of materials has been such a welcomed improvement. It graphically looks better, the performance has greatly improved and I’m glad that there you’re able to freely switch between third and first person. I mine materials in first person, whereas I explore planets in third. 

It has become one of a timeless classic (for myself at least). The “multiplayer” function allows for I believe up to 4 players to enter the same world as yourself. You both explore the same planet and can leave it at any point and explore the endless planets together.

I have loved NMS from day one and it’s just been a growing masterpiece for me. 

So, Sony may potentially be buying Take-Two Interactive, which would mean the rights to the following IPs among others (spoilered for size):

Spoiler

GTA

RDR

Mafia

Bioshock

2K Sports

Sid Meiers Civilization

Borderlands

Top Spin Tennis

L.A. Noire

Bully

Max Payne

Duke Nukem

The Darkness

Spec Ops

XCOM

Manhunt

The rights to WWE games

Evolve

Battleborne

The golf club

Kerbal space program

midnight club

Yeah, I mean, who would want the rights to Duke Nukem?