The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

25 minutes ago, B-li Manning said:

You and about 8,000 other people from the looks of things on Twitter.

The bot exploits are so bad. And I'm at a detriment cause I can't add a payment method to my Walmart account as that page ONLY is on an endless buffering loop.

I'd love to try and get one as soon as I can but I never got a preorder and I assume it'll be the same here in the UK as LL is experiencing. No idea when it'll be relatively easy to purchase one :(

1 hour ago, LL. said:

Third time's a charm!!! Should be arriving by the 25th. 

I certainly hope this will lead to more gaming together than we did on PS4.

• Like 1

Nothing to do with the console (yay I can finally do 4K gaming), but the box for the digital edition is sleek as fuck. And now for the console itself... transferring my PS4 data to my PS5 was pretty quick. Game downloads are pretty fast, too. The UI for the store is a welcome change, moves faster than the store on the PS4. I love that there are separate tabs for Games and the Media apps.

Astro's Playroom is a glorified tech demo but fuck it's impressive what this controller can do. I really want to play a FPS that supports the haptic feedback and adaptive triggers now. I might break down and buy Black Ops Cold War soon.

Edited by tristy

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

I did hear about the downloads being fast, but then it'd probably be better to judge it after it's out worldwide and a 60gb game is telling you it has 28hrs left.

The new COD update of 100gb for the latest season of warzone

There's a gun in Astro's Playroom that shoots rubber balls or something, and if FPS games take advantage of what that feels like + the triggers... oh man. That's going to be awesome.

I can do without stuff like the rolling ball, monkey suit and spaceship, though. Mainly because I suck at it.

Edited by tristy

I posted this on DVDVR, but I figured I'd post it here too to get more clarity on the issue.

My TV supports 4K, but not HDMI 2.1. I can use that HDMI cable, but when I go to 2160 the audio lags and sometimes the screen glitches out. But if I switch back to 1080p, everything works fine. I'm assuming that's purely because of the HDMI cord, and if I dug around my house and got a HDMI 2.0 I could do 2160, right?

3 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

We got a double up voucher to spend £60 on tech in Saino’s by the end of tomorrow - any recommendations for a PS4 game?

We think RDR2 is the best game ever made and like open world stuff in general, also like a bit of basebuilding.

Death Stranding if you haven't got it (though it's not so much basebuilding as infrastructure building), or get some of the Yakuza games (no basebuilding, but phenomenal open worlds).