The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I was more looking at picking up Tales Of Xilia for $10. Is it not worth me signing up to US PS+ for a short term to get Xilia for $10 rather than $20?

It would have the benefit of being able to DL a lot of games still available, or even purchase them and not load them on your system just to have them forever if you renew. Theres vastly more than 50 in free games right now

I was more looking at picking up Tales Of Xilia for $10. Is it not worth me signing up to US PS+ for a short term to get Xilia for $10 rather than $20?

It would have the benefit of being able to DL a lot of games still available, or even purchase them and not load them on your system just to have them forever if you renew. Theres vastly more than 50 in free games right now

I'm from the UK and have UK PS+. That is the only reason I'm querying it at all - if I was in the US, I'd be on it.

Thats funny, many in the Americas lament the fact UK has a seemingly better selection for its free games. This discount they did was amazing, but plus in the UK a lot feel goes one step further in the UK.

Many games for free will eventually drift that way, but its not always returned in kind.

Red Dead is a great example. I'd have loved that for free. Personally.

Does Ruki check this thread? Well he should.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/persona2-eternal-punishment-(ps3-psp-ps-vita)/cid=UP9000-NPUJ01158_00-0000000000000001

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment is on sale... next week. Atlus updated their Facebook with incorrect info.

In 10-15 years of playing Pro Evo Soccer and it's previous incarnations (ISS Pro etc), I've just scored my second freekick and the first one I properly planned.

43rd minute, Old Trafford, Kyle Walker steps up from 30 yards. I set it to curve away from De Gea slightly. Up he runs, whoomps it, top corner and it's perfect. Wonderful. I even had to save it and I rarely save goals.

For this reason alone, Pro Evo 14 is the best out of all of them even though defending feels like trying to control ice skating ducks.

...and now the game enters its infamous "cheat mode" whereby all my passes start strangely going astray and I can't select the player I want to.

Grawr. Stop upsetting the few hardcore fans you have left Konami.

PS+ EU

• 29. Januar: Metro Last Light (PS3)
  • 29. Januar: BioShock Infinite (PS3)
  • 29. Januar: Dynasty Warriors Next (Vita)
  • 29. Januar: ModNation Racers: Road Trip (Vita)
  • 5. Februar: Outlast (PS4)

Two FPS games... I like how BioShock Infinety looks, but i bet its one of these games i will download and uninstall after an houre because FPS just dont get me hiped. And thats what already happend with the first Metro game (humble bundle?) so i doubt i will download the new one at all. Hm, a bit slim on the PS3 side anyway, I wonder when they will shift to two for PS4 and only one new game for PS3. Maybe at E3 or is that a bit early?

I imagine E3 might be a little too soon to up the PS4 content, but maybe an announcement could be made at Gamescom, much like it was when Vita content was added to the service. Then again, with the PS4 selling much better than the Vita ever has, Sony might well be able to hold out longer this time round.

I finally have the game Catherine. The intro screen is your character tied to a block with barbed wire, only in his pants, with rams horns growing out of his head. His girlfriend is sitting on top of the block ignoring him and sheep keep falling past into a bright electric pink background.

Good purchase.

Oh and the menu screen and Golden Playhouse movie intro is fantastic.