The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

PS3 peeps get the reboot of Devil May Cry and not much else. A very slow week last week, only marginally better this time around. Can't complain, though, as they've been spot on over the holiday season and the remainder of January looks good.

Picked up Gran Turismo 5 and forgot just how damn fun B-Spec mode was. Cannot wait until it creeps into GT6.

I had £30 from Christmas so I got SSX, Tour de France 2013 and Pro Evo 14.

Pro Evo is flawed but I think it shows promise for the next one. The ball behaves like a separate object rather than being a part of the players...which is good. The through ball is hard but pleasing when it works. The shot targeting is better. It's all trickier and I like that. The options feel a bit stripped down though like the first PS3 Pro Evo. I know they've moved onto a new game engine but a bit of gloss would have been nice.

Tour de France is good. I've only played one stage so far but I'm enjoying it.

SSX is brilliant and has a tremendous soundtrack. I got the demo when it came out and enjoyed it then. I kept meaning to buy it but never got around to it but seeing it for less than £6 made the decision. It was the first I went for. Wonderful.

Just found the next must have PSVita release.

Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc.

"Danganronpa takes place at an elite high school called Hope's Peak Academy (希望ヶ峰学園 Kibōgamine Gakuen?), which accepts talented "Ultimate" students (超高校級 chō-kōkō-kyū?, lit. Super High School Level) of the highest caliber in various fields each year.[4] Makoto Naegi, a fairly optimistic but otherwise average student, is selected in a raffle and chosen to enroll into the academy as the "Ultimate Lucky Student".[4] However, when Makoto arrives outside of the gates of the Academy, he loses consciousness and wakes up locked inside the school, where he meets fourteen other newly picked Ultimate students who are in the same situation as him. It is there that a sadistic, remote-controlled bear named Monokuma appears before them, telling them they will be imprisoned in the academy for the rest of their lives. He offers only one way for students to graduate from the academy: murder another student and not be identified as the culprit.

When a murder occurs, a "class trial" (学級裁判 gakyū saiban?) is held, in which the remaining students must determine amongst themselves who the killer is. If the students can successfully determine the true culprit, that person is put to a gruesome and ironic execution for disrupting school order. However, if the wrong accusation is made, then the true killer will be allowed to leave the academy whilst everyone else will be put to death. In a place where anyone could be a victim, everyone is a suspect and no one can be trusted, it is up to Makoto to survive these class trials and solve the true mysteries of Hope's Peak Academy."

danganronpa-trigger-happy-havoc.jpg

_-DanganRonpa-Trigger-Happy-Havoc-PSVita

screenshot-2_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I think the way it works is that the PS+ benefits spread to the other accounts on your system in terms of accessing multiplayer and being able to use the content but the US account would require it's own sub to get the free games on that service.

And I also heard the rumour about Outlast, also that Europe would be getting Bioshock Infinite and Metro: Last Light as it's PS3 games. I forget the Vita stuff.

EDIT: Dynasty Warriors: Next and Modnation Racers: Roadtrip.

I was more looking at picking up Tales Of Xilia for $10. Is it not worth me signing up to US PS+ for a short term to get Xilia for $10 rather than $20?

Not in this case, as at best you'd break even. Sometimes, there's a good enough PS+ discount to warrant signing up for a month, but the value here is more about all the things you get as long as you're a subscriber.