The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

This January sale is ace, think I'm going to use it fill some of the gaping holes in my collection that will mean I won't buy anything else for the year...

Mass Effect Trilogy at very least, possibly Sleeping Dogs and maybe WWE 2K14.

Holy crap, PS+ gets the good stuff this January.

-Don't Starve for PS4

-Devil May Cry (2013)

-Bioshock Infinite

-Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

-Smart As... for Vita

-Worms: Battle Islands for Vita

Aaaaand PS+ pays for itself again.

Sorry Benj, thats for the yanks. Unless you've got a US PS+ too...

Play 3 first (you won't miss anything by skipping ahead), see how you like it. You definitely don't need to play 4 really, it's a fairly average one (or 2, for that matter, worst entry). I mean, for £3 I guess you might as well, but if you've never played a DMC game then I'd suggest trying it out first. A lot of people find it to be a bit samey and boring. DmC gets a lot of shitty reviews, but if you don't have the past love for the old series you'll probably like it, gameplay is fun at least.

Knee-jerk DMC ranking:

1. 3

2. 1

3. 4

4. 2

Tried the demo of the latest version and wasn't impressed, but I'm up for giving it another go as a PS+ game.

This man knows his Devil May Cry.

DmC is okay. If you go into it knowing full well that it's a complete re-imagining, there's not really anything wrong with it. Unless you really like the awkward platforming in the old games.

Holy crap, PS+ gets the good stuff this January.

-Don't Starve for PS4

-Devil May Cry (2013)

-Bioshock Infinite

-Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

-Smart As... for Vita

-Worms: Battle Islands for Vita

Aaaaand PS+ pays for itself again.

Sorry Benj, thats for the yanks. Unless you've got a US PS+ too...

It will be on EU PS+ soon. Someone official stated iton twitter or in the comments of ps blog. i guess in a month or two.

• Like 1