The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

PS+ for August - Coming August 5/6th:

PS4 - Road Not Taken

PS4 - Fez (Cross buy with PS3 and Vita)

PS3 - Crysis 3

PS3 - Proteus (CB w/ Vita)

Vita - Metrico

Vita - Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 (Europe)/Dragon's Crown (US, CB w/ PS3)

I've said this before but it's funny to see how PS+ is both celebrated and utterly condemned. The comments section for the EU selection absolutely slaughters this and is full of people like "rahrahrah I've been a PS+ member for 3 years but these games are absolutely disgusting. Why are we getting more indie shit instead of REAL PS4 games? I didn't pay £400 to play NES games. Unsubscribed."

Honestly, if I get 6 games I'm highly interested in playing through PS+ in a year I feel like the price is more than fair. To expect to get A+ games once a month reeks of entitlement.

These people are idiots. There was a gap between PS3s launch and the PS+ instant game collection so there were plenty of big games they could put on. PS4 only came out less than a year ago, it was inevitable they weren't going to give away top titles immediately. Divs.

As they never delivered on drive club, wich was promised, i can see why people would at least be asking for one bigger title towards PS4. That children who comment on the internet often overreact in a very possitive or very negative manner is nothing new.

You don't have to, it will give you the license for all the systems. Like the Doki-Doki Universe game that's on Plus this month, I can download it to PS3, 4 and Vita.

• Like 2

Assuming I can find the Destiny bundle from one of the few places I get discount, I will be a PS4 owner in just over a month! I've had the cash for it sat around since May but nothing has grabbed my attention for either console till now.

Which gives me a month to finish South Park, Beyond Two Souls, Metro Last Light and Remember Me. Haven't decided what console to pick up AC4 and watch_dogs on yet.

Be sad to see my fat PS3 join all my previous consoles in the loft. It's been a faithful servant all these years. Had it practically since launch.

Has someone made a 360 style PS4 controller yet?

I've only ever heard gushing over the PS4 controller but without having tried it myself, I've always been a little wary of it since I've never completely got on with the DS3.

Do they still do the L1/R1 thing for aiming and shooting on PS4? I've never had that explained to me, why they went that direction on PS3. I can't remember exactly the controls for stuff like Timesplitters on PS2 but I'm sure it wasn't L1/R1.

It can't surely be because they realised they fucked up with those triggers and hastily made everyone adopt this new standard?

The positioning of R2/L2 is much better this time around, and even more suited to shooting (or maybe L1/R1 is more awkward...). The few shooting games I have played, have been R2/L2, including LoU. You would think/hope Uncharted moves away from L1 and R1 when it's eventually released.