The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

After completing Bastion, I've moved onto Darkest Dungeon. Basically moving from one excellent game narrator to another. DD is pretty brutal, but I'm enjoying it. About 8 weeks-ish in and only lost one character so far.

Playstation Plus for February:

LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)

Not A Hero (PS4)

Starwhal (PS3/PS4)

Anna: Extended Edition (PS3)

Ninja Senki DX (Vita/PS4)

TorqueL (Vita/PS4)

I'm happy with LBP 3. I never got round to picking it up before, so to have it in the IGC is handy.

I picked up the London Assassin's Creed as it's cheaper on the Playstation Store right now.

While I feel that the series has lost its charm, I'm hoping there's still some game there. I've just got to London and run through a mission there. It's veeeeeeery pretty and has some cool ideas, but I don't think the climbing is as smooth as it could be, the camera can get confused and sometimes they seem to jump in the wrong direction to what I tried to make them, so a bit glitchy.

However, I am willing to give it time and get involved. Every AC game I've played (1, 2, Brotherhood, 4) I've completed.

20 hours ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

I picked up the London Assassin's Creed as it's cheaper on the Playstation Store right now.

While I feel that the series has lost its charm, I'm hoping there's still some game there. I've just got to London and run through a mission there. It's veeeeeeery pretty and has some cool ideas, but I don't think the climbing is as smooth as it could be, the camera can get confused and sometimes they seem to jump in the wrong direction to what I tried to make them, so a bit glitchy.

However, I am willing to give it time and get involved. Every AC game I've played (1, 2, Brotherhood, 4) I've completed.

I played about 20 minutes of this game and ended up turning it off. I do plan to go back to it but it felt weird after going from Black Flag (which I still need to finish) to it. The controls were a bit jarring.

4 hours ago, Forky said:

I played about 20 minutes of this game and ended up turning it off. I do plan to go back to it but it felt weird after going from Black Flag (which I still need to finish) to it. The controls were a bit jarring.

The first two little missions I didn't enjoy. I briefly thought that the whole game would be kind of on rails like they were but then got to London and properly realised that they were just tutorial levels - not very good ones at that, but I guess they did their job.

• 2 weeks later...

Horizon: Zero Dawn is getting some good reviews, but I'm still getting the impression from reading them that there's a fair amount of repetition and, for want of a better term, Ubisoft Sandbox Syndrome. While I think the setting looks great, I'm wondering if the initial post-release hype might turn into something of a minor backlash once people get a few hours into the game. I might pick it up at some point, but not until I've seen how others are getting on with it.

It's getting weird reviews, a smattering of 10/10 or 5/5 and then some 5-7/10 or 2.5/5. Will need to read/watch some long reviews before I make a decision, but might be one of those ones where the hype gets them bonus points and everyone loves it then two weeks later everyone finally admits it was actually a bit meh.

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Eh?

You mean you bought a new hard drive, or?

The update means the PS4 now supports external hard drives for installing games, so I already have a 2TB drive.. just plug it in and now I can have all my games installed at once :D