The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Anything worth picking up in the PSN sale? Grabbed Life is Strange and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons while they were dirt cheap. Mulling over Fallout 4 too even though I've never been able to get into the franchise. Wouldn't dream of paying full whack for it, but might be worth a punt at £14 to see if this one engages me.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to try and work my way through some classic Sony trilogies that I either never had the chance to play or only had a small amount of time with.

• Crash Bandicoot
  • Spyro
  • Jak & Daxter
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Sly Cooper

I played a bit of Sly Cooper 1 & 2 but I never beat it, and I had a bit of time with the first Crash but I haven't even really touched the other ones. I started with Crash but got quickly annoyed at how on the edge of the seat you have to be due to the terrible save system, but at the same time I think that's what 'makes' the game partly as well.. so I started Spyro at the same time and I adored it from moment one. Almost done Crash now and I'll put my full interest on finishing Spyro.

Also trying to break myself of trying to 100% everything, it keeps me from finishing games and it's getting quite annoying.

I started on Crash 2 already and, jesus - yeah, I really didn't think it would be that huge of a difference but it really is. Just casually playing I made it through the first set of levels, beat Ripper Roo and did three more - still challenging in some parts but not at all frustrating.

Finished Crash Bandicoot 2!

Man that game just kinda ended, huh? Although I did enjoy it as an experience far more than the original Crash, it's something that you might actually want to go back to in order to get the extra gems on all of the levels instead of just thinking 'whelp, done that - I'll never want to look at that again'.

I currently have Micro Machines, Tekken 7, WipEout and Shadow of War on pre-order. Most I've have had for a good few years. Plus Red Dead 2 will be pre-ordered as soon as it comes available on Amazon.