The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

30 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I wish we’d stop getting old games ported over. I can’t get excited about games I’ve played on other systems coming over to a system that’s as new as the Switch.

I'm of the opposite opinion. I love playing games from the last console generation on a handheld device.

I'm with Meacon - it's depressing to look at releases sometimes and just see a bunch of shovel-ware junk and then games that came out everywhere else or years ago. There are a few instances where I'll say "yeah that's be perfect on handheld actually" but then other things are just sort of eh.

Still chuffed and baffled that Fire Pro isn't announced for the Switch.

• Like 1

I was worried that Let's GO would be the core game they promised at E3 last year, so it's good to see that's not the case. Depending on the price, I might look at Let's GO. It sounds like a stripped-down version of Pokemon, which doesn't faze me too much as long as it isn't a full price title.

EDIT: Pre-orders seem to be over £40. Sod that, then.

Nice. I've been meaning to play another Pokemon game, so the next one being on the Switch makes it an easy choice. Technically the first main series Pokemon game on a home console, I suppose, which is neat.

Also, the ability to mod the SNES classic is super useful, but uh, I shouldn't get into it due to certain legal issues surrounding that kind of thing...

33 minutes ago, Owen said:

Nice. I've been meaning to play another Pokemon game, so the next one being on the Switch makes it an easy choice. Technically the first main series Pokemon game on a home console, I suppose, which is neat.

Also, the ability to mod the SNES classic is super useful, but uh, I shouldn't get into it due to certain legal issues surrounding that kind of thing...

I've already called the cops, you scum.

• Sad 1