The England thread

The last manager for one-game, Peter Taylor, chose David Beckham and that stuck.

If Pearce's legacy involves Micah Richards and Cptn. Scott Parker, then Capello leaving is a positive experience.

Parker or Gerrard were the only two who would have made good captains IMO so really happy that Parker got it. Plus yeh what you have said could turn out to be a blessing in disguise, I don't get how Richards has been overlooked for so long so hopefully this is the start of him getting consistently picked.

Sky reading out some cringeworthy anti-Parker emails, mainly from Liverpool fans. Right choice for me, at least in the short term until Wilshere or someone steps up. Joe Harts a possibility depending on whether the next boss wants a keeper captain, Gerrard too injury prone at this stage and Milner not guaranteed to play.

I imagine The Sun is frantically trying to dig up any non-story they can find where Parker could be conceived as a racist/homophobe/seal culler/general shit...

Sky reading out some cringeworthy anti-Parker emails, mainly from Liverpool fans. Right choice for me, at least in the short term until Wilshere or someone steps up. Joe Harts a possibility depending on whether the next boss wants a keeper captain, Gerrard too injury prone at this stage and Milner not guaranteed to play.

I'e seen some people on my facebook wall moaning about Gerrard not getting picked which has annoyed me somewhat. Doesn't matter about whether he has been captain or not for England in the past or what he has won, either man would have been good for the job but I'd rather have Parker because simply he's been the best English centre midfielder for awhile now in terms of consistency and regularly playing. He's been fantastic for Spurs, for England and last season for West Ham so really he's earned it. If I was England manager he'd probably be one of the first names on the team sheet each time.