The England thread

Could be a potential line-up of Hart, Walker, Terry, Ferdinand, Cole, Barry, Parker, Milner, Young, Rooney, Carroll.

Cleverley should get a game now Lampard has pulled out, would be good to see Stockdale get 45 minutes too.

Barry and Parker in the same central midfield fills me with meh. Both perfectly good players, but I barely expect either of them to cross the halfway line. Parker and Emre was bad enough, should've been amazing but never was, Parker and Barry might even merge and collapse into a pile of boring Timecop style if they accidentally touch.

If I remember rightly Parker and Barry played together in midfield in the second-half against Denmark a few months back and it was one of the better England halves of football for a while.

The Met. Police will make a decision on whether the game will go ahead this morning anyways, the press seem to think it will be called off.

Depends on how its played really, if Milners or Rooney are directly ahead of them a la Lampard in Chelseas three man midfield it could work, but it just strikes me as very very defensive, especially if its a 4 4 2.

Centre backs can hoof the ball long to Carroll to knock down to Rooney with Walcott/Milner/Johnson/SWP/Lennon/small nippy winger #2334 pushing up on the wings. Inevitably lose possession, Parker and Barry in the middle of the park to win the ball back, pass it back to centre backs, hoof ball long to Carroll to knock down to...

Ah, to be English. :)

Confirmed postponed.

From FA.com

It is with regret that tomorrow’s (Wednesday 10 August) international fixture with Holland at Wembley has been called off.

Edited by Starvinho

If Stockdale plays, would he be the first player to play for England, without having made 10 Premier League apperances first?

Also, Steve Harper is getting shafted big time <_<

Walcott maybe? Top of my head.

Also, Steve Harper isn't good enough, certainly not good enough to justify a pointless friendly cap at 36(ish?).