The England thread

Young's been great on the wings, Rooney has been great playing 'in the hole'. Doesn't make much sense to put Young in the hole behind Rooney. Nice to see Smalling in the team, he's been brilliant for us at right-back and the first-team experience will do him good as he's almost certainly our future first-choice CB. I haven't watched any City games this season to see how Richards has been though.

Yeah to be honest, that's what I was getting at. I'd have had us playing somewhere between a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-4-2, Carroll up front, Rooney just behind, Downing and Young on the wings, Milner and Parker in the middle.

Goal for Cahill, decent finish for a centre half.

WE'RE GONNA WIN THE EUROS!!!

How can Belgium have players like the Hazard brothers, Kompany, Lukaku, Witsel, Defour etc. and draw 1-1 with Azerbaijan?

I think it's a combination of 'stars players not playing well together' and the rest of their team being very average. Azerbaijan always have a knack of getting the odd decent result in each qualifying process too.

Darren Bent and Micah Richards have been ruled out of England's Euro 2012 qualifier against Wales on Tuesday because of injuries.

Bent had not been able to train in the build-up to Friday's win over Bulgaria after picking up a groin problem.

Manchester City defender Richards is believed to have a hamstring problem.

England manager Fabio Capello has decided against calling up any replacements so close to Tuesday's match at Wembley.

Both players have returned to their clubs for treatment on their injuries.

Probably be the same starting line-up against Wales as against Bulgaria I think so those too won't be missed too much.

Parker and Walcott out, Lampard and Milner in.

Aparently Walcott's picked up a hamstring injury and Parker taken out as a precaution as if he got booked tonight he would have missed the Montenegro game. Other than that seems like Capello's going with the same team that beat Bulgaria.

So to avoid Parker missing a game, we're not going to play him in a game. That's some spectacularly fucked up logic there.

Hopefully Lampard will play a more advanced role with Milner in the centre alongside Barry with Young and Downing on the wings. Probably not though.