The England thread

I suppose the point of the friendly was to generate money for Wembley though. It's not like the FA actually care whether or not the match goes ahead, if it can't go ahead at Wembley then it's not a match they're interested in really. They certainly didn't schedule it for the good of the players, the player's teams, the fans sake or a chance to try out a new formation or the like.

Could they not have moved to the venue to Old Trafford, or something? Not arguing the decision to cancel, it's definitely for the best. Just an out of interest kinda question.

I think you've got to think about travel and accommodation needs for fans. Plus there is no guarantee Manchester won't kick off tonight and you need a shit load of Police to deal with an international fixture.

I don't know any Dutch person who said we lost the World Cup 'cause of Webb. :/

But I do know the Dutch, and there's probably 30/40.000 thousands who have bought tickets to go to London, and will have their minds set on going anyway, could still get ugly now they don't have any footy to watch.

But I do know the Dutch, and there's probably 30/40.000 thousands who have bought tickets to go to London, and will have their minds set on going anyway, could still get ugly now they don't have any footy to watch.

There was posts on here saying he was favouring the Spanish man, everyone had to point out the De Jong assault on Alonso. :D

And the Dutch can come over if they want. Go to Ghana v Nigeria instead at Watford, bring some weed and see if you can't get everyone to chill the fuck out a bit.

Well there's only me and Quasi on here, and I know both of us were calling De Jong a disgrace and that we didn't deserve to win the match, and yeah, good idea, I'll let me my mates know. :shifty:

There's a press conference going on about the postponement, all the players are appealing for calm and back the decision to postpone. The fixture will hopefully be re-arranged for next year and full refunds will be issued to anyone who purchased a ticket.

I'm not sure it can get much more ugly. <_<

Ghana vs Nigeria is currently still on for tonight and it's being played at Watford, don't think it'll be long before that one is called off too.

And indeed it has been called off.

There was posts on here saying he was favouring the Spanish man, everyone had to point out the De Jong assault on Alonso. :D

And the Dutch can come over if they want. Go to Ghana v Nigeria instead at Watford, bring some weed and see if you can't get everyone to chill the fuck out a bit.

So you are saying 'the Dutch; blamed Webb for losing them the World Cup due to posters on EWB, in which neither Dutchman said that? (Y)

Quasi never explicitly said he never, and I recall them being said. So.. yeah (Y)

EDIT: I'd look through, but I'm at work and too busy to trawl through at the minute. However if someone went through and dug them up and proved me wrong I'd happily hold my hands up and admit to being wrong, as I've done before. Until then, I'm pretty certain I recall the comments in the aftermath of the World Cup and I'm sure they came from a Dutch poster (I'm also of the belief we had more than 2 posting regularly at the time of the World Cup) and stand by what I said.

RE-EDIT: ... (Y) ...

Edited by IAceI