World Cup 2010 Thread

Man Ribery was shite once again, he loses the ball 90% of the time

This. Ribery is possibly the most overrated footballer on the planet. I've not seen him have a remotely good game in forever. He was absolutely awful today.

Forlan is still wonderful.

'Tis all.

No, you're mistaking him with Cristiano Ronaldo.

• Like 1

Man Ribery was shite once again, he loses the ball 90% of the time

This. Ribery is possibly the most overrated footballer on the planet. I've not seen him have a remotely good game in forever. He was absolutely awful today.

Forlan is still wonderful.

'Tis all.

No, you're mistaking him with Cristiano Ronaldo.

Yeah that bloke who won the Ballon D'or, scored 42 goals in 49 games in a season for Man United, 33 in 35 for Real Madrid in his first season there and commanded an £80 million transfer fee. Riber in comparison has never played an an elite league, had one good season in Germany and when ever he's played internationally has looke the epitome of average. Yeah, Ronaldo is over-rated. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

I thought 1-1, but then thought France would nick it, as it's their style (in an annoying way.)

Today I can see South Korea doing the first ass-kicking of the tournament against Greece, don't know why.

Then Argentina getting a poor victory against Nigeria.

England 2-1 USA, with a last gasp header from a corner.

I'm a million times more annoyed at all the commentators and pundits talking about the vuvuzelas than the noise they actually make. It's pretty much constant so you just filter it out as white noise, doesn't bother me at all.

I've got 3 bets on today's games, 2 of which I heard as specials in there today

€2 on England to win 2-0 11/2

€2 on Messi and Rooney to score at anytime 3/1

€5 on England and Argentina to win 11/8

If England and Argentina both win I'll at least get my money back anyway so the other two are just for fun.

Greece were just cut to ribbons there, it was boys against men.

Also I put $25 on England with a potential profit of $71 - seems really high odds for England. Took it and ran <_<

DONT LET ME DOWN ENGERLAND