World Cup 2010 Thread

Cahill's off! Straight red! Somewhat unjustly, but bye, bye Australia.

Edit: Replays show, INCREDIBLY injustly. This ref isn't going to make many friends.

meh, Need to watch the replay again but it looked like it was from behind so I have no problem with it. They've been calling things pretty tightly so far in the World Cup.

Tight or not, that's a horrendous decision. It's only just a yellow, if that. I really don't understand how he's given that.

It's ruined the game too. In all honesty, Germany were likely to always win this, but the Aussies had at least picked up a bit in this second half.

Cahill's off! Straight red! Somewhat unjustly, but bye, bye Australia.

Edit: Replays show, INCREDIBLY injustly. This ref isn't going to make many friends.

meh, Need to watch the replay again but it looked like it was from behind so I have no problem with it. They've been calling things pretty tightly so far in the World Cup.

Tight or not, that's a horrendous decision. It's only just a yellow, if that. I really don't understand how he's given that.

It's ruined the game too. In all honesty, Germany were likely to always win this, but the Aussies had at least picked up a bit in this second half.

It has been consistent so far in the first 8 games. If they are going to call everything I have no problem with it. Like I said before, I want to watch oen more replay before I completely agree or disagree but it looked like he took him down from behind and in that scenario I don't have a problem with the call.

I made a comment that they should allow Muller to take corners.

My mum said it was appauling and said I should leave.

I did :(

Time for you to take a long walk off a short pier Bluey <_<

• Like 1

Christ, I cannot wait for this World Cup to be over from an Australian perspective. This Pim Verbeek system has been a fucking lost cause from day one. Jagging 1-0 wins against powerhouses like Bahrain and Kuwait should never be considered 'good enough' with the talent we have available, but somehow the Dutch shyster has been bluffing his way along for the past two years.

Germany are a class outfit and I don't ever expect us to be a top ten nation - but the talent is available to at least be a consistently competitive outfit with a coach who has a clue. I pity the future of Moroccan football if this is the man they've appointed to look after their junior development.

Socceroos squad could be much stronger than it is. Verbeek's insistence on taking guys like Moore and Garcia ahead of Griffiths; McDonald; Colosimo; Ogenovski; and Carle is further proof of the guy's cluelessness. I hope he's killed in some kind of explosive cigar accident.