World Cup 2010 Thread

To be honest the reaction in New Zealand will be 'Yeah bro, but it's not Rugby is it?'

• Like 2

The thing with it is, Italy played average, New Zealand still had to play their best game ever.

Italy made some bad mistakes in the game that really should have eventuated to goals.

All commendation to the New Zealand keeper.

But I stand by my earlier comment. Fuck them, they shouldn't be a country :angry:

GOOD performance from Italy?!?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nice one NZ. Total heroes. Western Europe is falling apart.

Yes, good performance. Even the best teams in the world can struggle against a team that defends for the majority of the game. NZ were hard to break down, it's that simple. Italy still played pretty well. No, not an amazing performance, but it wasn't anything worrying really. They still lack that spark up the top too.

Using that logic, England played well against Algeria. :rolleyes:

England created close to nothing. Italy at least tested the keeper numerous times and looked like they could actually score. Really though, they're both in the same situation.

Italy tried harder and had a couple of decent chances granted, but nobody can say drawing against New Zealand no matter how well they defended and only scoring from the penalty spot was a really good performance. It is akin to Man Utd coming back to get a draw with someone like Port Vale.

• Like 1

Pumped up for the Brazil/Ivory Coast game. Is Drogba fit to play?

Considering he played against Portugal, I'd say so.

Also, 5 quid accy on a Brazil win, and an Italy draw, 52 quid return if Brazil get it done.

To be honest the reaction in New Zealand will be 'Yeah bro, but it's not Rugby is it?'

As a New Zealander awake at 4 in the morning, having been up since 2, I can say that's definitely not the case. We're going crazy down here for what our boys are doing. There are people saying the draw against Slovakia was one of the greatest sporting achievements in NZ history. And now they do this :w00t:

GO KIWI!

Bring on Paraguay!!!!

• Like 3

You confuse me Johnny Perfect. Are you even Italian? At least I have a reason for being an Italian fan, since I am first generation Australian, all my roots lie in Italy, I am an Australian/Italian duel citizen, and vote in BOTH elections, and even I will say Italy played average.

You are exactly what the people earlier are. You are making shit up to make Italy come across as better then they were in the game, like how they were saying that the Italian penalty was bullshit (and not understanding it was equalising the off-side call that never happened).

The game was basically 0-0. Italy made so many chances, and also blew so many. They certaintly deserved the win, as they played better then New Zealand, but still played about 50-60% of what their best is.

Wow, that was quite a game. A goal that was offside, an equaliser from a laughable penalty award, and to top it all, Ryan Nelsen, who's only competition for Man of the Match came from his own goalkeeper, gets booked for having cramp.

A brilliant game for the referee. :shifty:

The Uzbekistani guy should referee all matches. Even ones played simultaneously.

Props to New Zealand though, UFC influence and offside goals aside, it was a great performance from them. So wanted Woods to score in the dying minutes, too. :(

Edited by Farmer Reil
  • Like 1

You know, I don't think the Italian best is anywhere near as good as it once was.

The limped through to take the 2006 World Cup, they can do it here too. A PERFECT example is Camoranesi.

Still one of the top players in Serie A, and most commentators threw him away this game. He didn't do anything terribly bad though, and setup a few chances, so I am confused by their points. Maybe it's because he looks the stereotypical Italian sleaze perfectly.

The team just lacks consistency, much like Spain in this day and age.

EDIT:

The Dutch, Spain, Argentina or Mexico.

Either of those four to win the World Cup.

But fuck them all, Italy will still win <_<

Brazil have to fuck up now. It's entirely unfair to everyone else if they're the only ones sticking to their expectations. :shifty:

They better fuck up Friday against us. That would be a major fuck up...dry.gif