World Cup 2010 Thread

ESPN has put up one more prediction contest. This one will be for the knockout rounds only so if you missed out on those game join this one. Heck, even if you joined the other games sign up here since there will be a different group of people. Like most ESPN contests only residents of the US, Mexico, United Kingdom, and Canada (excluding Quebec) are eligible for ESPN prizes.

Link

Group Name - EWB

Password - ewb

Villa's goal was fantastic. What the fuck was the goalie doing coming all the way out there? Villa must have still been laughing about that one. If the keepers going to come so far out of the box only to effectively PASS the ball to David fucking Villa, he deserves to concede. Well done Spain, now lets tear Ronaldo apart :shifty:

It's brilliant that we managed to get through even though we lost, but fuck it I was losing watching everyone just kicking at spanish players and begging for them not to get sent off. Until one did. Gutted they won because of two blatant mistakes we made, really wanted us to take Spain out. Estrada just can't catch a break internationally, though. Everytime he comes in he costs us a goal or makes some sort of silly mistake, and now he got sent off.

Hopefully we'll be able to hold together at the back against Brazil, we'll be missing our 2 best defenders in Medel and Ponce, and they'll have Kaká back. I can hope at least. >.<

Metalman should support Korea, just in case Forlan needs some help. ¬_¬

On a more serious note, do Danes really hate Gronkjaer that much?

Behind Schmeichel, the Laudrups (possibly only Michael ¬_¬) and Thomas Helveg, plus maybe Stig Tofting for novely factor, he's surely one of Denmark's best ever players? :P I mean, it could be worse, he could be John Jensen.

I see what you tried to do there. But honestly. Gronkjaer havent been the same player for about 6 or 7 years.

Tomasson have started a media lockout. He feels that they are being to harsh on his performance.. erm what ? >_<

Metalman should support Korea, just in case Forlan needs some help. ¬_¬

On a more serious note, do Danes really hate Gronkjaer that much?

Behind Schmeichel, the Laudrups (possibly only Michael ¬_¬) and Thomas Helveg, plus maybe Stig Tofting for novely factor, he's surely one of Denmark's best ever players? :P I mean, it could be worse, he could be John Jensen.

I see what you tried to do there. But honestly. Gronkjaer havent been the same player for about 6 or 7 years.

Tomasson have started a media lockout. He feels that they are being to harsh on his performance.. erm what ? >_<

I always think of Gronkjaer fondly...but then I have paid him absolutely zero attention since he left Chelsea - which was, perhaps not coincidentally, about 6 or 7 years ago. :shifty:

You actualy were able to hear the Uruguay comentator screaming goal on the german brodcast. He´s like 3 meters away from our comentator and you just were hearing GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAL. :w00t:

South Americans Own.

^ Indeed.

Fuck yeah Uruguay (Y) perfect start.

Uruguay are probably my least favourite South American team at this World Cup actually.

Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Mexico then Paraguay & Uruguay tied.

Did anyone here take part in the Sure for Men World Cup Sweepstake to win a cash prize if they make the quarters or further?

Pretty gutted I missed that. But I was out playing instead, and I need the exercise, so I'll live. Love Uruguay though. They've easily become my second team. Well, it's pretty tight between them and Japan anyway. Hopefully they get to the semis, they've deserved it the most so far. I can see Lucio eating Forlan and Suarez though, hopefully Juan plays against them if they make it and has another awful game.

EDIT: Just saw Suarez's second - what a goal. This World Cup would seem to prove he's pretty good and isn't another Afonso Alves. I hope he ends up in the Prem, but he'll probably move to Real and sit on their bench or something.

Edited by Pesci

Park :(. I was supporting Korea as my second team pretty much purely because I love the guy. Disappointed to see them lose but Forlan's a beast and still a cult hero at Old Trafford so I'm happy enough for it to be at the expense of Uruguay. Looking at the brackets, it's quite likely that there'll be three South American teams in the semi's (possibly four but it looks beyond Paraguay).