World Cup 2010 Thread

Aaaaahahahaha. I love it. We did not win, but we were not suppose to. Way to talk nonstop shit, and not deliver, England. :)

American's can never talk about other people talking shit when Landon Donovan's in the squad :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Haha delighted depite losing a fiver. How arrogant was the commentator at the start when Gerrard scored

'This could be fun!'

Yeah, not so much you cocky twat.

Edited by The Cool One
  • Like 2

Defensively, very good I thought. Midfield... meh. Gerrard was annoyingly quite good, Lennon brilliant, SWP decent. Was Lampard even playing?

Heskey was quite good as a support striker, but he seemed to be supporting nobody, Rooney was pretty shit by his standards, perked up a bit in the second half though. Need to be better lads. Much better.

You know what'll happen... USA'll twat Slovenia 8-0 and we'll finish second on goal difference and have to play Germany. >.<

• Like 3

Yay, got to go through the Americans gloating, despite the fact they didn't win and got what will probably be the luckiest goal of the entire tournament.

We weren't as bad as we've been, but still nowhere near good enough. The substitutions baffled me and we went back to playing the long fucking ball, the most annoying sight for any English fan. Too much pressure on Rooney and he's still going through one of his annoying 'cant score' periods. Seriously got to up our game and make huge changes for the next. Green has to come out and Cole surely has to come into the squad as well as Defoe getting time.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

I never said you didn't have a chance though, I siad you had a good squad that lacks goals, which, if not for Rob Green, held true.

Stop lumping in with the rest of the philistines :shifty:

Yeah, because if we were playing you at Baseball, you'd be scared shitless of us. :rolleyes:

The fact that you're happy with a 1-1 draw says a lot, to be honest. The fact that your whole attitude was "well, we're not supposed to win, so..." is exactly why nobody takes you seriously. YOU don't take you seriously.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Oh good, now we'll have to put up with Americans boasting and not realizing that they were generally outplayed throughout the game and lucky to get a draw.

• Like 1

Haha delighted depite losing a fiver. How arrogant was the commentator at the start when Gerrard scored

'This could be fun!'

Nice to see Ireland tearing up the world cup...oh wait..

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Oh good, now we'll have to put up with Americans boasting and not realizing that they were generally outplayed throughout the game and lucky to get a draw.

Thankfully it is the score that counts. (Y)

Yeah I'd be okay with that, but I don't have faith in Americans to realize that an even score doesn't mean an even game.

• Like 1

We are damn aware that we were lucky to get a draw. We are not as good as England. It is a fact. You do not take us serious, and that is fine. You did not beat us. That is a fact. Did we deserve that goal? Nope. Did it happen nonetheless? Yes. The fact is, all the smack talk a few of you were doing several pages ago is pointless now. You guys got a draw against those \"bloody Americans\" and it is easy to take cheapshots. I watched the game, I saw that you guys were in our box for a lot of the time. But regardless, you did not beat us, and that is a big step for a non-soccer nation. I understand you are all upset, and hell, had you guys tied us at baseball or American football, I would be too.

• Like 1

... seriously, guys. I'm thrilled that USA came out with a draw and laughed my head off at that goal, but that really was not in any way something that should be boasted about. If the goal had come from Altidore's shot in the second half at least it would have been a tie based on how good we were.

• Like 1

'This could be fun!'

Nice to see Ireland tearing up the world cup...oh wait..

Nice to see England being overhyped by everyone and then drawing against a vastly inferior team.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say they were 'outplayed'. Lucky to get a draw, yes. I don't think anyone can deny that. But the fact is, we didn't score any more, did we? A 1-0 win against America would hardly have made us hot favourites for the world cup. Onyewu (sp?) was awesome, and Tim Howard looked almost like a real goalkeeper. ¬_¬ Even Cherundolo was good.

The Rob Green incident shouldn't have decided the result, Rooney and Heskey should've done it themselves.

• Like 1