Smackdown vs Raw 2011

jrtdot

Had a REALLY fun night playing Universe mode. I just did the Rumble, still year one:

- In trying to push the Daniel Bryan CAW I downloaded to the US Championship, I had him beat the US Champion twice and the number one contender. Somehow this, coupled with wins in random matches on Superstars boosted his WWE Championship rankings and earned him a number one contenders match against Cena to face WWE Champion Orton at the Rumble. I played as Bryan and won. It was a really good match, lots of Cena reversing and hitting his usual moves, mixed with periods of me wearing him down. It played a lot like I imagine a Cena/Bryan match to go. I went on to the Rumble to beat Orton for the WWE Championship.

- Cena has turned heel on Orton. Meanwhile, Orton has won the belt three times on my game and each time has lost in his first title defence.

- I then played the Rumble as Edge, and I ended up 'Flairing it,' entering at #3 and winning. My hand is bloody sore after all the button bashing. I kept going after guys I didn't want to win the Rumble first cos I was sure I would be eliminated before the end. Had a bloody good final five of Edge, Jericho, HBK, Punk... and Chavo Guerrero.

The rumble match itself is a lot of fun this year and the presentation is ace, I can see it being a LOT of fun as a party game. The only gripe with the match within universe mode is that it included a world champion in the match...

In other bits

- My game has had Sheamus and Mark Henry feud, although each time it's booked a match between the pair, I've played as Sheamus and killed Henry. Anyway, at TLC it booked US Champion Zack Ryder (!) vs. Sheamus vs. Henry. Now, I've tried my best to keep Sheamus ABOVE US Title level, and there was NO way I wanted Henry as US Champion, so I replaced the match with a Sheamus vs. Henry Last Man Standing Match, with me as Sheamus. I attacked Henry during his entrance, pick him up, hit the Celtic Cross and got the ten-count. Really pleased with that, even with Cole's impassioned, "FINALLY this match has come to an end," commentary at the end.

- My team has come up a team consisting of Kane and Shad.

- Better still, it's created the wonderfully random team of Chris Masters and Rey Mysterio. I'm trying to think of a suitably cheesy name.

Had a REALLY fun night playing Universe mode. I just did the Rumble, still year one:

- In trying to push the Daniel Bryan CAW I downloaded to the US Championship, I had him beat the US Champion twice and the number one contender. Somehow this, coupled with wins in random matches on Superstars boosted his WWE Championship rankings and earned him a number one contenders match against Cena to face WWE Champion Orton at the Rumble. I played as Bryan and won. It was a really good match, lots of Cena reversing and hitting his usual moves, mixed with periods of me wearing him down. It played a lot like I imagine a Cena/Bryan match to go. I went on to the Rumble to beat Orton for the WWE Championship.

- Cena has turned heel on Orton. Meanwhile, Orton has won the belt three times on my game and each time has lost in his first title defence.

- I then played the Rumble as Edge, and I ended up 'Flairing it,' entering at #3 and winning. My hand is bloody sore after all the button bashing. I kept going after guys I didn't want to win the Rumble first cos I was sure I would be eliminated before the end. Had a bloody good final five of Edge, Jericho, HBK, Punk... and Chavo Guerrero.

The rumble match itself is a lot of fun this year and the presentation is ace, I can see it being a LOT of fun as a party game. The only gripe with the match within universe mode is that it included a world champion in the match...

In other bits

- My game has had Sheamus and Mark Henry feud, although each time it's booked a match between the pair, I've played as Sheamus and killed Henry. Anyway, at TLC it booked US Champion Zack Ryder (!) vs. Sheamus vs. Henry. Now, I've tried my best to keep Sheamus ABOVE US Title level, and there was NO way I wanted Henry as US Champion, so I replaced the match with a Sheamus vs. Henry Last Man Standing Match, with me as Sheamus. I attacked Henry during his entrance, pick him up, hit the Celtic Cross and got the ten-count. Really pleased with that, even with Cole's impassioned, "FINALLY this match has come to an end," commentary at the end.

- My team has come up a team consisting of Kane and Shad.

- Better still, it's created the wonderfully random team of Chris Masters and Rey Mysterio. I'm trying to think of a suitably cheesy name.

For future reference, you can edit the Rumble's participants without the game failing to reward the winner with a Wrestlemania title shot. I took my CAW's out, and the competitors in the world title matches. I won with Jericho, and he did get his Wrestlemania title shot.

Oh, awesome! When I eventually get around to the Rumble again I'll remember that, thanks.

As for the Masters/Mysterio team, DFF has suggested I call them 'Team Maskterlock.' I think that's a winner.

I HATE HATE HATE that they changed how you pin people on the 360 to having to fucking push B (The button you used to be able to pick up your opponent with. Now I keep pinning people when I'm trying to pick them back up.

Worse yet, I can't figure out how to pick a guy back up to his feet. Any help?

I HATE HATE HATE that they changed how you pin people on the 360 to having to fucking push B (The button you used to be able to pick up your opponent with. Now I keep pinning people when I'm trying to pick them back up.

Worse yet, I can't figure out how to pick a guy back up to his feet. Any help?

I don't know about 360, but on PS3 you press up with the right stick. Try pressing up on whatever you use to grapple usually. It's a little annoying at first, but you get used to it fairly quickly.

I think I need a proper draft to mix things up, I just wish there was a quicker way of doing it. It takes ages to completely mix up the rosters manually changing each superstars brand. I think I might take Cena out for a few months and add Triple H and Shawn Michaels back into the game. I've also had The Undertaker out for ages.

Yeah, that's why I took him out. Might actually be better off taking out Orton though. I did all this with the hope of elevating Alberto Del Rio, Daniel Bryan and Sheamus quicker, which worked, but Orton is the main belt hog lately. I get the feeling the reason for it is that Orton and Taker for example are supposed to be balanced out by Triple H, Cena, Michaels and so on.