Smackdown vs Raw 2011

jrtdot

I also took Undertaker out. Sheamus was drafted to Smackdown and immediately engaged in a feud with the Undertaker. First he took Taker's belt, then the next PPV he put him out of commission with a Celtic Cross through a table and then I put a garbage can over Taker's head and gave him the Brogue Kick. I suggest everybody does this atleast once with Sheamus (the brogue kick with garbage can on the head combination) as it makes for a very cool visual.

And I've been meaning to ask you guys, do you use auto or manual targeting? Typically I've always used manual targeting but I can't figure out which button I am supposed to hit to make the wrestler switch his attention. If I am hitting the right button then it's damn well not working for me.

Edited by VerbalPuke

I also took Undertaker out. Sheamus was drafted to Smackdown and immediately engaged in a feud with the Undertaker. First he took Taker's belt, then the next PPV he put him out of commission with a Celtic Cross through a table and then I put a garbage can over Taker's head and gave him the Brogue Kick. I suggest everybody does this atleast once with Sheamus (the brogue kick with garbage can on the head combination) as it makes for a very cool visual.

And I've been meaning to ask you guys, do you use auto or manual targeting? Typically I've always used manual targeting but I can't figure out which button I am supposed to hit to make the wrestler switch his attention. If I am hitting the right button then it's damn well not working for me.

I had the same problem with targetting, so I keep it on auto. But I really hate auto, because it makes me attack the wrong person all the time.

No doubt man, I've had the same problem. I also miss being able to target the guy on the ring apron during a tag match and knocking him off myself before the pin. It also seems to rear it's head when I toss a guy off the rope, only to suddenly grapple at the third wrestler in the match (and usually come up with nothing).

Ah well. Not to pile on, but I'm not overly keen on the new grappling system. It seems like it just eliminated the variety in moves you could have. I do however like the way they set up the corner and turnbuckle attacks, the new system works well for that.

So the game is ridiculously easy, even on Legend difficulty... until there's something I want to do. Oh if I want to goof around and play a Sheamus vs. Mark Henry match on Superstars, I can obliterate him with absolutely no issues. But I want CM Punk to win the WWE Title at PPV in a Last Man Standing match against John Cena? Hahahahaha... I was not aware that they incorporated the new kick-out(!!) system into getting up in a Last Man Standing match, and for the life of me, just could not time it right.

And then again today, Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels in a cage match on Raw to determine a #1 contender to Cena's title. Great story too, Shawn Michaels was in a match with Batista on Raw the week before, Triple H ran in and turned on HBK, ending DX as we know it. I figured since HHH turned heel, he'd make a good #1 contender for Cena. Match starts off easy, I hand HBK his ass in seconds, nailing him with the spinebuster, then the Pedigree, but then HBK kips up, nails me with a Superkick, but I kicked out! Just as I'm swinging the momentum back, HBK reverses and scores a roll-up, and sure enough, wins.

Fucks with my plans, but damn, it's funny.

I had drafted Sheamus to SmackDown and was rather disappointed that every single week the game had him fighting Edge in the main event, including number one contender's matches every month. I had drafted Undertaker to Raw and it seemed like Swagger, Kane, Mysterio, and World Heavyweight champion Big Show weren't considered to be on the same level as Sheamus and Edge.

Match starts off easy, I hand HBK his ass in seconds, nailing him with the spinebuster, then the Pedigree, but then HBK kips up, nails me with a Superkick, but I kicked out! Just as I'm swinging the momentum back, HBK reverses and scores a roll-up, and sure enough, wins.

Fucks with my plans, but damn, it's funny.

I find it fun to lose every once in awhile.

I was playing as Christian against Swagger on Smackdown and he jumps me before the match and after he rolls me into the ring, He hits me with a Gutwrench Powerbomb and I'm like "Well played" and don't even try to kick out.

Not as Epic as Zero's HHH/HBK cage match but was still cool.

Year two of my Universe mode, and some interesting things.... Ezekiel Jackson won the Royal Rumble in year one and went on to win the WWE Championship at WrestleMania and as of HIAC in Year 2 he is still champion (including a run where he held both the US and WWE Titles). Also, Goldust won MITB at WrestleMania and attacked Undertaker at Backlash to win the World Heavyweight title, and his run has just ended at SummerSlam after the Undertaker won a Championship Scramble (there are tons of Scrambles at the PPVs). I did a little juggling of the rosters after Backlash and will do that every game year I reckon just to change things up. And well, I just won a #1 Contenders Tag Match with The Superfly Snakes (Snuka and Roberts) and post-match, Undertaker and Kane come out and give a dual chokeslam, which is first of that cutscene.

So Year 2 HIAC Matches:

United States Championship : Bunny Stevens © (a guy I created with bunny ears to become Goldust's tag team partner in The DustBunnies) vs. Sheamus

Tag Team Championship: The Hart Dynasty © (100x Tag Team Champs in Universe btw - it's like they win or lose it every month) vs. The Superfly Snakes (Snuka and Roberts)

Divas - Gail Kim © vs. Natalya

Intercontinental Championship: Rob Van Dam © vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Drew McIntyre

World Heavyweight Championship HIAC: Undertaker © vs. Batista

WWE Championship HIAC: Ezekiel Jackson © vs. CM Punk

Ah well. Not to pile on, but I'm not overly keen on the new grappling system. It seems like it just eliminated the variety in moves you could have. I do however like the way they set up the corner and turnbuckle attacks, the new system works well for that.

Doesn't help that out of four possible moves for each kind of grapple, a lot of the wrestlers have the same move as two of them.

Had a really awesome ending to Fatal 4-Way match on Raw. I took control of a returning Michael Tarver in an effort to push him up the card. At the end of the match Regal nails Morrison with the Brass Knuckles while I nail R-Truth with a knock-out blow. Regal turns to me to hit me with his finisher, but I reverse it and nail him with my own knock-out punch. Tarver wins.

Edited by The Canadian Destroyer

I pretty much "re-booted" my Universe game by simming several months ahead and beginning anew in December. I wasn't planning on using Universe for my sim fed, but dammit it's too addicting to not at least try.

Moved everybody back to the shows they're on now. Also made a few things happen as though they were to happen in the next few weeks in real life. Gave Barrett the WWE Title and Natalya both women's belts (if she has to defend the belts twice on PPV I'll just switch one of the matches to reflect some random feud that had cropped up since). I broke up the Hart Dynasty with Smith going heel. Since my tag division is badly lacking, I booted Otunga out of Nexus since there are only 5 slots anyway and I turned him face, teaming him with fellow disgruntled former Nexus member Darren Young.

Assumed AJ would win NXT, so I added her to the SmackDown roster which suddenly had a loaded divas division as Beth Phoenix and Tiffany have also returned. Down the line I may take the "NXT Season 4: Second Chance" idea and d/l a few random WWE guys to go along with Shelton and Knox and run my own NXT on the side.

Should be fun. The first card the game generated was main evented by new WWE champion Wade Barrett against US champion Daniel Bryan.

Rey and Christian RTWM Spoilers

I made it to Wrestlemania in Rey's RTWM, but I wanted to go back to Week 3 using the time machine to try and get the Jericho match challenge done. All I have to say is fuck that match. Twice I have gone 45 minutes, maybe more, just beating the fucker down, targeting his leg and trying to work his back/head, yet he escapes from the SS in like 4 seconds. He lays a camel clutch on me and makes me tap.

It doesnt help that the game is STILL having a reversal fest, which just sucks any fun of doing the match away.

Edited by Vitamin E

Finally rented it last night and its rapidly making itself a definite purchase. Miz is already WWE Champion and Dolph Ziggler is killing all and sundry. Team Mizziggler is well on the way to the tag titles too. Need to put more tunes on my PS3 too, the temptation for nearly everyone to come out to Testicicles is far too great.

Since Night of Champions.

DX broke up.

I made The Brothers of Destruction break up after CM Punk threw Taker off the cell and put Taker out of action.

AJ Styles and Christian teamed up to create "Total Nonstop Awesome"

Jack Swagger and Shad teamed up to create "America Tyme" that lasted about a week <_<

CM Punk destroyed Taker at Hell in a Cell and won the WHC..

Sheamus beat Cena at Bragging Rights for the WWE Title.

Slogger had fun taking all those in the Smackdown vs Raw matches at Bragging Rights and going into Superstar Threads to make Blue outfits for the Smackdown guys and Red outfits for the Raw guys.

Evan Bourne hit a Air Bourne to Ted from the top rope to the outside to win the #1 Contendership for Koslov's US Title.

and a bunch of other crap happened that I didn't notice and then It didn't save right and I had to do half of Bragging Rights again.