The Budweiser FA Cup

Ah. Not photoshopped it seems. Original photo from which the above is derived:

000505zygNG.jpg

It...looks in? :/

The angle isn't brilliant but I don't think the whole ball has crossed the line... Hell of a lot closer than I first thought though.

Ah. Not photoshopped it seems. Original photo from which the above is derived:

000505zygNG.jpg

It...looks in? :/

Steward above the Budweiser sign seems to think so.

From that angle, I'd say goal. Ref looks like he's got a good view too.

From the replay I saw on youtube, it doesn't even look close.

Moot point though, Terry committed a blatant foul.

See to me that angle confirms it DIDN'T cross the line. The angle is slightly skewered, it isn't level which makes it seem to me that it didn't.

It wasn't even close from the television replays mind, so who knows.

I disagree with those saying it affected the outcome in a major way, not sure what the BBC is quite going for there but then again on the BBC 3 bulletin they didn't even mention Ashley Young as they recounted Man Utd "thrashing" Aston Villa.

I did not watch the game. So I don't really know what took place or happened. But it is a clear indication that at some point goal line technology is needed at some point soon.

I'm pretty sure goal line technology was getting ever closer to being a thing even before today. There have been official tests going on.

Think its in testing and that they were meant to be getting the results for the whole series of testing they have been doing sometime in June or July.

The final will take place on Saturday 5th May.........at 5:15pm.

:rolleyes:

Also:

Liverpool supporters traveling to Wembley for the FA Cup final on 5 May face more transport misery after it emerged only three trains will run between Merseyside and London on the day. Scheduled engineering work between Crewe and Warrington has prompted Virgin Trains to cancel the majority of its Lime Street to London Euston services on the day. All three of the services that are running leave before 0800 BST with the match due to kick-off at 1715.

It's a conspiracy!!!! First the Carling Cup final, then the semi final and now the final.

Also just watching the highlights of our game now on the FA's youtube channel, found me in the crowd celebrating the Suarez goal :lol:

I did not watch the game. So I don't really know what took place or happened. But it is a clear indication that at some point goal line technology is needed at some point soon.

I'm pretty sure goal line technology was getting ever closer to being a thing even before today. There have been official tests going on.

Yeah, I said the same last time there was a 'this reopens the debate on goal line technology' furore. It doesn't, the arguments been made, the technology is being assessed. If anything its time to open the debate on magic referee robots that never get decisions wrong, and I'm going to moan like Lawrenson until we get them.