The Budweiser FA Cup

I'm sure nufc.com will confirm it in the next few days, but I believe that's now 33 clubs that have won a domestic trophy (the big 3, not JPT etc) since Newcastle last did, including Luton, Wimbledon, Middlesbrough and Sunderland. And Arsenal fans think they've got it bad.

Don't you get a trophy for winning the Championship? That should count for something :/

Does nufc.com really keep a live tally of that stat? ¬_¬

Nah, its listed in some obscure book about the club and they lifted it a while back. It's the unofficial site by the way, and is a superb website.

I'm sure nufc.com will confirm it in the next few days, but I believe that's now 33 clubs that have won a domestic trophy (the big 3, not JPT etc) since Newcastle last did, including Luton, Wimbledon, Middlesbrough and Sunderland. And Arsenal fans think they've got it bad.

:rolleyes:

Hartlepool just got relegated to League 2 and have never won any trophy in 105 years.

:rolleyes:

Hartlepool just got relegated to League 2 and have never won any trophy in 105 years.

Who needs a trophy when you've got a Historic Quay?

Who gives a toss who has won the trophy since we last won it, Wigan fans until today didn't have a single trophy in their cabinet and now they do. Maybe in the not so distant future we'll win something else again but it's sheer blind luck who will win a cup in this current state.

And I'd much rather it went to a club like Wigan instead of having the League, FA Cup and League Cup shared between City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool and Arsenal for the next hundred years.

So little Wigan beat big bad Manchester City, dominating them and winning on an injury time header from a ginger...

If that's not a sign of the apocalypse I don't know what is :lol:

Who gives a toss who has won the trophy since we last won it, Wigan fans until today didn't have a single trophy in their cabinet and now they do. Maybe in the not so distant future we'll win something else again but it's sheer blind luck who will win a cup in this current state.

And I'd much rather it went to a club like Wigan instead of having the League, FA Cup and League Cup shared between City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool and Arsenal for the next hundred years.

The point is that these cups are winnable, and yet we typically put out a shit team and tumble out in the early rounds. Frankly I want my Wembley trip, and when my Bingley based uncle is about to pop down for his second this season that's a depressing stat. Cups aren't the be all and end all, and I'll keep watching middling league season after middling league season (am I bollocks giving up my ace seat), but just once it'd be nice to get a turn.

It's all well and good winning the FA Cup, but they'll be in League 1 in a few years. :/

As much as I would love to doubt this *looks at Wolves*

To be fair, Wolves where a mess in the PL. Sacking McCarthy and giving the job to some bloke who'd never managed a club before was the dumbest shit I've ever seen.

'Hello, that bus I ordered, can it take me to Manchester airport to meet a connecting flight to Ancona?'

• Like 1