The Budweiser FA Cup

Last time I was at Wembley, my mom gave me £5 spending money and I couldn't buy shit.

I got within 5 yards of Rivaldo though.

I had Burger King at a services! I'm still on the coach now. Fucking Birmingham and their roadworks :(

Junction 6 to 8 fo' lyf mutherfucka!

Last time I was at Wembley, my mom gave me £5 spending money and I couldn't buy shit.

I got within 5 yards of Rivaldo though.

At which point he hit the deck and demanded you be sent off.

• Like 8

Wigan probably will be in League One within a decade or so, but you can't underestimate how ridiculously they're punching above their weight by having been in the Prem for eight seasons anyway. They were gonna go down at some point in the next few years anyway, so even if they do go down this season the FA Cup is an awesome achievement and people will remember it for like 40 years. The fact that their team that cost roughly the same price (or less depending whose numbers you're using) as Gareth Barry makes it hilarious as well.

Atleast it wasn't too bad for me on the coach home last year cause we lost to Chelsea, but I can relate to the trip back being rather shitty after a wembley loss

Why will they be in League One? I've seen nothing to suggest they'll be anything less than a decent Championship side. Unless there is some massive debt I'm unaware of.

They're heavily reliant on the sky money, if they don't bounce back before the parachute payments end, they'll probably struggle.

Plus the fact that there's really not much difference in the competion between the Championship and League 2. Literally anything can happen in the lower leagues, as evidenced by Wolves and Blackburn this season, and Southampton's back-to-back promotions.

Why will they be in League One? I've seen nothing to suggest they'll be anything less than a decent Championship side. Unless there is some massive debt I'm unaware of.

Poor fan base, lack of revenue etc. If they go down they'll find it very hard to come back up and the Championship is such a hard league to compete in with a bunch of clubs getting richer and the average spend going up.

Edited by Pesci

Blackburn and Wolves where making stupid decisions in the PL which set them up for failure. Leeds and Southampton where skint when they did it as are Portsmouth.

I'd imagine Wigan would be a top half side.

In their last set of accounts 46m of their 53m revenue was from tv money. Once the parachute payments stop, they'll struggle. Especially considering their attendance and sponsorship revenues will also drop due to not being in the premier league.

Ten years is a long time. There isn't a team in the Championship that hasn't been in another division in the last ten years or so. Over half have been in League One. Quite a few have been relegated from the Prem, gone down to League One and then came back up. Other teams have gone further down and they're still not back up. If Wigan go down this season they'll either be back in the Prem soon or they'll enjoy a stint in League One in the next decade. I just think the latter is more likely given the size of the club.