Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

My mate that works for British Swimming is there today, she tweeted a picture early of a half empty stadium. Crazy given that this is one our biggest medal hopes and one of our biggest Olympic names is taking part.

The pairs isn't a big medal hope for us. Unless you just generally mean Daley, who I think is expected to do better in the singles diving.

I feel sorry for the rest of the diving team, really. Daley's not done anything special for the past two years, really, yet he's the poster boy. The horribly fake tanned poster boy.

Won the Euro's and the British championships, as well as some events (with several seconds) on the FINA World Diving Series.

:/

• Like 1

I feel sorry for the rest of the diving team, really. Daley's not done anything special for the past two years, really, yet he's the poster boy. The horribly fake tanned poster boy.

Won the Euro's and the British championships, as well as some events (with several seconds) on the FINA World Diving Series.

:/

I really don't like Daley but yeah, to say he hasn;t done anything special in the pool is stupid and wrong.

Holy fucking shit moment from Snell for Australia in the women's Basketball.

That's the moment of the games so far for me.

I bodged up with the red button on that one, missing the French missed free throw, and the 3 point. Saw the replay though. Good stuff.

I should have qualified it; I mean that compared to the level of hype around Daley, he's not shown himself consistently as a winner against the best. The Euros and the British titles aren't much in a sport where China and, to a lesser extent, the US, tend to dominate. In Europe, the Germans are the only other real challenge.

I should have qualified it; I mean that compared to the level of hype around Daley, he's not shown himself consistently as a winner against the best. The Euros and the British titles aren't much in a sport where China and, to a lesser extent, the US, tend to dominate. In Europe, the Germans are the only other real challenge.

He has also competed well in the World competitions though.

Whilst he isn't a shoe-in, anyone with a modicum of knowledge about the sport should realise that. However, he is marketable, and between the youth, the looks, and the backstory (Dad passing away fairly recently), he is an easy 'sell'.

The longer we go without a gold the grumpier I get.

True the Olympics starts with events we're outside chances for at best and you CAN'T expect medals in cycling road races due to the lottery nature of them but a few folk have underachieved and I'm getting antsy.

Felt somewhat inevitable that the more complicated dives would see them fall apart, although it was fun to see GB leading the diving charts after the first 2.

This is my first day of following by text and the occasional live stream on the work computer when there's something I desperately want to see. I miss 20+ channels of Olympics.

Off to the basketball Wednesday morning to support my adopted country France with the wife, still hoping to find a ticket for something GB-related before the Games are done.

Edit: Also getting a bit impatient for that first gold, Adlington in the 800m, rowing finals and the next lot of cycling can't come soon enough.