Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

I can't tell if Robson will make a good tennis player or not in the future, she seems to not be able to serve and was certainly crumbling from pressure in the middle of the champions tie break and then when it came to her serve she held her own. Inconsistent.

Clancy now can't win the Gold in the Omnium, if I counted correctly. :(

Damn. Today's been disappointing despite the fact we've won 2 gold medals, which shows how far we've come as an Olympic squad in the last few years.

I disagree that today has been disappointing. I really disagree with that. I know Louis Smith missed out by a tiny margin, and I know the sailing duo did the same. But we've won two big Gold medals, got two more silvers and a bronze. Plus whatever Clancy gets. None of those who have missed out on Gold were dead certs to win it, even though Percy/Simpson were clear heading into that last race. It's not been a disappointing day by a long, long way.

Well played Vika and Mirnyi, they deserve the Gold fair play to them. Murray and Robson ran them extremely close and to come all this way and win a Silver medal is a tremendous achievement. Hope Robson can kick on from here because it has been a great week for her, surely her best since turning professional.

Disappointing was probably the wrong word, but I can't think of a better one. What I meant was that it would've been possible for Murray/Robson, Smith, the sailing duo and maybe even Clancy to come away with more gold.

You have to admit though, considering they got thrown together on like, Monday, not to mention Robson is still only 18 and she was against the world number one, a silver medal is pretty damn awesome. Makes up for all the shit we've had with Davis & Fed Cup as a nation too

I can't tell if Robson will make a good tennis player or not in the future, she seems to not be able to serve and was certainly crumbling from pressure in the middle of the champions tie break and then when it came to her serve she held her own. Inconsistent.

I think she will become a top 20 player and probably better. She's got a lot of power especially in the serve when she does get it in. You have to remember she is still only 18 years old so handling the nerves and pressure is something that will improve with age and vital experience.

And I understand what you mean Matt, maybe it's better just to say that it could have been even better than it has been for us today.

I think that now, you could definitely say it was a disappointing day. Missed out closely on, what, 4 gold medals? this morning sure the medal results we got would have been considered fantastic. but losing out so closely on 4 golds HAS to be disappointing. that doesn't make their achievements any less. every single athlete at the Olympics should be proud, especially medallists - but it's still okay to be disappointed in not getting a gold.

I think that now, you could definitely say it was a disappointing day. Missed out closely on, what, 4 gold medals? this morning sure the medal results we got would have been considered fantastic. but losing out so closely on 4 golds HAS to be disappointing. that doesn't make their achievements any less. every single athlete at the Olympics should be proud, especially medallists - but it's still okay to be disappointed in not getting a gold.

Yeah, with hindsight, it's definitely disappointing when you think of what could have been - particularly with Smith who missed out by a fraction, and the two in the boat as well.

Yeah, with hindsight, it's definitely disappointing when you think of what could have been - particularly with Smith who missed out by a fraction, and the two in the boat as well.

yup. i mean those two specifically are very disappointing. not the performances or the athletes but the fact they both should have, and maybe could have, got gold and didn't is a disappointing thing. especially for them personally.

as it is, anyway. we're on a good run today and have picked up some good medals. hope we get lucky tonight and get a few tonight. team gb are doing fantastically.