Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

Watching the replay I noticed that when I watched it live, I saw absolutely nothing except for Bolt. Certainly missed Powell pulling up never mind where anyone else finished!

Gatlin showing the importance of the dip at the line to beat Gay.

Poor Tyson Gay. He could have had the Bronze there as well it seems like. Great run.

4 years ago Thompson came 2nd and this year he comes 7th, and possibly last had Powell not pulled up injured as Powell had a great start by the looks of it and that injury just ruined it for him. EDIT: And had he not got injured it's likely everyone would have ran sub 10 seconds. Amazing.

Edited by IAceI

So... Is he an icon or a legend?

The greatest sprinter ever and will end up going down as one of the greatest to ever great athletics.

And to think the pundits and media were actually doubting this guy :lol:

I think a lot of it was trying to sell it as a competitive race, I mean we already had 2008 which was "how quick can this guy run?", the media wanted 2012 to be "can someone stop him?".

Guest mr. potato head

By my math, Bolt could run that race 2,243 times between when he won the medal and when Americans will most likely see it on TV :lol: