Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

I love Denise Lewis and the BBC coverage of the Olympics has been perfect throughout.

My only complaint is their persistent misuse of the word literally, for example yesterday as Jessica Ennis was approaching the last 200m the commentator declared that the crowd was "literally going wild". :shifty:

• Admin

I'm exhausted and I ache everywhere. So I had a ice (well, freezing cold) bath last night and its done the trick! If it's good enough for Jess...

Cannot wait to get off work and go back tonight. In normal seats tonight so the view should be completely different, as will the entire experience.

I really want Australia to beat America in the men's basketball. No way it will happen but it would be lovely. I hope a couple of our players get interest from the NBA since one or two have been stellar.

I love Denise Lewis and the BBC coverage of the Olympics has been perfect throughout.

There's been a hell of a lot of complaints about the way they've interviewed disappointed athletes who maybe didn't get what they wanted, but that's always going to be a difficult job. Redgrave's been pretty good at handling that but I suppose he knows the rowers personally. There's been a few times when I've just wanted the interviewer to say "you know what, fuck it, they're distraught and I'm not going to interview them" but it doesn't work like that.

The only complaint I've had about the coverage (which I think has been pretty fantastic overall) is the amount of times I was informed that you "don't piss Big Ben off". Fuck off. I don't need to be told that every single minute. Mostly because I got to the point where I was tempted to go down there and punch him in the face to see what would happen.

Nah, no medals at all yet. Guaranteed at least two bronzes in Boxing with Taylor being the huge favourite to take gold.

Can I ask how you are guaranteed bronze? If you get to the semis you are guaranteed a medal match, but lose two and no medals, or if you are in the final you are guaranteed a silver :huh:

Guest mr. potato head

No, boxing (at least women's boxing) doesn't have a bronze medal match and just gives bronze medals to both semifinal losers for some reason.