Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

The Olympic Opening Ceremony coverage was 110,000 people short of the most-watched show in Britain ever, earning 24.24m viewers.

Unless England make a World Cup final, I don't see there being a new most-watched show for a long long time... So basically never.

actually yes.

Maybe it's new to you and that affects your opinion, but having been involved in plenty of amateur tournaments for fighting (well, boxing and karate mostly, bit of judo and taekwondo when I was wee young like 11), and the majority of those did bronze for the two semi-finalis losers. I'm not privvy to the reasons WHY it happened, but for me it's just one of them things that really doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Guest mr. potato head

The Olympic Opening Ceremony coverage was 110,000 people short of the most-watched show in Britain ever, earning 24.24m viewers.

Unless England make a World Cup final, I don't see there being a new most-watched show for a long long time... So basically never.

6.4 million watched in in Canada as well, breaking the Summer Olympic record of 4.6 million for Atlanta (13.4 million for Vancouver is the Olympic record). Worth noting that a new measurement system was introduced in 2009 for which caused ratings for sports to skyrocket to unprecedented highs, because it logs any TV you come into contact with (such as bars, dentist offices, electronic stores, which often show sports but would go unreported under the old method).

So you are a musician, a martial artist, a very knowledgeable fellow... Is there anything you can't/haven't done Jouzy?

Haha, call me a jack of all trades and master of none. I haven't had sex with a prostitute and I haven't been to Amsterdam, and I'd like to do both together some day >_>.

So you are a musician, a martial artist, a very knowledgeable fellow... Is there anything you can't/haven't done Jouzy?

Haha, call me a jack of all trades and master of none. I haven't had sex with a prostitute and I haven't been to Amsterdam, and I'd like to do both together some day >_>.

You can go to a sex "show" where you see a lady getting nailed by a small asian man on a revolving bed. Amsterdam is weird.

I love Denise Lewis and the BBC coverage of the Olympics has been perfect throughout.

My only complaint is their persistent misuse of the word literally, for example yesterday as Jessica Ennis was approaching the last 200m the commentator declared that the crowd was "literally going wild". :shifty:

Hugh Porter, who I was starting to forgive for his moronic performance in the road cycling events, just shouted that Jason Kenny "is literally on fire" so it continues today!

Edited by AdamDRFC