Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

Guest mr. potato head

Yeah that's it for tonight other than a bit of beach volleyball and such. They knew there was no way to top whatever would happen in the 100.

Men's 4x100m finals will be next Saturday and 200m finals is thursday evening i think. Those and Javelin are the ones to see for me, Javelin because that's pretty much the only thing Finland has any hope on getting a medal from.

Edited by The Sandman

So... Is he an icon or a legend?

The greatest sprinter ever and will end up going down as one of the greatest to ever great athletics.

And to think the pundits and media were actually doubting this guy :lol:

I think a lot of it was trying to sell it as a competitive race, I mean we already had 2008 which was "how quick can this guy run?", the media wanted 2012 to be "can someone stop him?".

True.

It was just a few people who genuinely believed though that Bolt had suddenly lost it, such as the commentary team a few months ago during the athletics over here, acting like he'd suddenly lost 'it'. 200m is going to be a right cracker though, Blake's extra training could play a role, though I still cant see anything other than a Bolt win.

GB women in the basketball now, gonna stick that on for the rest of the night.

Oh Blaze are you Jamaican..?

Yep, even though I'm only half.

Seriously, the final two legs of the 4x100 relay team just ran 9.63 and 9.75. Everyone on the America team would have to run the race of their life to have a chance. And even then, I'm not sure they will even get the baton all the way across the track.

Oh Blaze are you Jamaican..?

Yep, even though I'm only half.

Seriously, the final two legs of the 4x100 relay team just ran 9.63 and 9.75. Everyone on the America team would have to run the race of their life to have a chance. And even then, I'm not sure they will even get the baton all the way across the track.

Gay and Gatland ran pretty fuckin' fast too. If Jamaice have one bad leg they could lose it.

Edit: Bailey 9.88 too.