Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

400m final now. Should be a great run. Kirani James has been in great form, and the brothers Borlee go in the inside and outside lanes.

EDIT: Oh and of course Santos has been brilliant in the heats.

I'll take a stab at

1. Santos

2. James

3. K Borlee

My predictions have been largely rubbish in this event. :shifty:

Edited by IAceI

actually yes.

Maybe it's new to you and that affects your opinion, but having been involved in plenty of amateur tournaments for fighting (well, boxing and karate mostly, bit of judo and taekwondo when I was wee young like 11), and the majority of those did bronze for the two semi-finalis losers. I'm not privvy to the reasons WHY it happened, but for me it's just one of them things that really doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I don't want to get into this scrap, but judo has a bronze medal match at the Olympics as does fencing and wrestling. When I was a kid and the place I went to there was only one bronze in judo, I know because I have one (H)

Well that wasn't even close. Kirani James absolutely smashed everyone there. Santos came second and Gordon third, was rather amusing seeing the small and slight Santos neck and neck with the large and built Gordon at the line. Two massively opposite builds but barely separated.

Well that wasn't even close. Kirani James absolutely smashed everyone there. Santos came second and Gordon third, was rather amusing seeing the small and slight Santos neck and neck with the large and built Gordon at the line. Two massively opposite builds but barely separated.

Kirani James was born 5 days before me. This makes me feel very bad at life.

I like how the Borlee twins very nearly finished at the exact same time as well in that race.

Apparently Bauge, the guy that Kenny beat in the men's sprint cycling, stormed into the press conference and insinuated some sort of cheating on behalf of Kenny/Team GB.

Not the first time the French have said it, after the 'magic wheels' comment and asking questions about Ennis' 800m. Still, after they changed and reduced the number of cycling events to try and limit GB's dominance only to see that fail, I'm not surprised they've moved on to this.

I just hope Kenny asked Bauge about all those drug tests he missed.

Guest mr. potato head

Have to say I'm not crazy about our chances here. We don't have the talent the US does and it seems like our luck might have run out. Even if we hold on for the 30 minutes, Solo's a far better goalkeeper for penalties.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/londonspy/team-gb-success-leaves-french-perplexed-104810081.html

The Ennis comment wasn't too bad, given that it's from a single journalist, but the cycling director intimating GB are using wheels they shouldn't be just sounds like sour grapes. Boardman was asked about it after Kenny won and said they're the same wheels we've been using since 2004 though, and they're bagged up to keep the dust out.

Have to say I'm not crazy about our chances here. We don't have the talent the US does and it seems like our luck might have run out. Even if we hold on for the 30 minutes, Solo's a far better goalkeeper for penalties.

We're playing a pretty risky formation, though.

Guest mr. potato head

We're playing a pretty risky formation, though.

You're letting us get the ball down the pitch on the wings, but stuffing so many people into the box that the only way we score is on an incredibly messy goal. And surely there can't be any more of those today.