Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

Best crowbarred wrestling reference of the week: Surely the totally blind sprinters have an advantage over the blindfolded partially sighted ones because they've had longer to adjust, you know like Jake Roberts after being blinded by Arrogance.

Yeah, it was me, but still.

Did anyone see the archery? US guy with no arms who shoots with foot and mouth got the gold against a field of armed athletes in wheelchairs. Amazing.

Anyone been watching The Last Leg on C4? I've been watching it from the start and its an ace mix of funny and actual top highlights and features. The story about the Italian hand cyclist was amazing (ex racing driver lost his legs in a crash), and anything with Warwick Davis explaining the correct protocol for posing for a photo with a dwarf has to be gold.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/story/_/id/8340312/ex-f1-driver-alex-zanardi-wins-gold-2012-paralympics

I remember hearing about Zanardi's crash and how horrific it was, guy is lucky to be alive and I think he's a great symbol to the sort of redemption that the Paralympics can bring to people.

I went to the Paralympics yesterday and Wednesday night, wish I could have been at the stadium last night and the wheelchair rugby on Wednesday! Regardless the atmosphere in the stadium was amazing and you would have thought that Team GB won relay gold the way the crowd cheered on S. Africa. Met a couple of athletes whilst out and about in the park last night and they're so inspiring. To think my best 100m time was 13 seconds dead on and these people are running faster than that whilst blind, without limbs etc. it truly is inspiring and shows that hard work and a dream can take you a long way in life.