Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

Those people posting about the 3000 years thing make me want to live underground.

Anyway yeah, my favourite moments of the Games..

Sarah Stevenson receiving the honour of reading the Olympic Oath at the opening ceremony after a horrible 12 months in her life to get here.

Otley lass Lizzie Armitstead winning our first medal in the road race.

Chad Le Clos beating Michael Phelps to gold by a whisker.

Bradley Wiggins taking Gold in the time trial and sitting in the throne afterwards.

Felix Sanchez crying his eyes out as his national anthem played at his medal ceremony.

Andy Murray and Laura Robson reaching the Mixed Doubles final.

The women's team pursuit victory in the Velodrome, destroying the American team by a good 4.5 seconds.

Kayla Harrison winning the Gold medal in the Judo final against Gemma Gibbons...and Gemma for making it to the final.

Kat Copeland and Sophie Hosking winning Gold - I was on my feet and shouting for them.

Mo Farah romping home to win the 10,000m, and Galen Rupp coming in in 2nd for a double celebration.

Andy Murray dismantling Roger Federer at Wimbledon. Not ashamed to say I welled up when he got his Gold medal.

Usain Bolt winning the 100m. And the 200m. And setting a new World Record in the relay.

Our mighty conclusion to the Velodrome events, with Laura Trott and Chris Hoy winning memorable Golds.

Victoria Pendleton's overwhelming elation at reaching her retirement.

Liu Xiang's courageous return to the track to complete the course after injuring himself at the first hurdle.

Merve Aydin doing similar by running 400m with an injured foot, fighting through the tears to complete the Olympic course.

Michael Phelps retiring with yet another gold in the relay.

Nicola Adams making history by winning a gold medal in women's boxing; Katie Taylor following suit and sending Ireland into raptures.

Mo Farah sealing his status as an Olympic legend by doubling up with the 5000 metres victory on Saturday. I was on my feet as he came down the finishing straight.

Steven Kiprotich, the unfancied Ugandan, winning the men's marathon and kneeling with the flag at the finishing line.

I think that's all 20 of them :P. If I had to pick out my very very top moments from them, then Andy Murray and Chris Hoy winning their Golds would probably be it. And Copeland/Hosking.

I obviously can't speak for everyone, but I doubt anyone over here is all that upset about them cutting out "God Save the Queen".

I'm sure had the Olympics happened in another country, you all would have been glued to the television for three hours.

It's a fair comment, but I get pretty pissed when channels decide which parts of a major international event aren't appropriate for me.

Edited by Pesci